OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Headlight lens restorer, should clear it up quite a bit. You can get it at Walmart,
That's a great idea never thought of that. I use the Plastix brand made by meguiars and it works great on lights. That little foam ball costs a small fortune though lol

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dang bud! 2 trailer flats in one trip?? Somebody upstairs was mad at you! Lol
Good thing I have my tractor on the trailer, I used it as a jack on the second flat. Used a curb in a parking lot for the first on.
I'm just glad it happened before we left for Tennessee
P.S. I had a right front tire on my tow rig seperate yesterday too! $1700 for truck tires and $200 worth of trailer tires all in one day.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good thing I have my tractor on the trailer, I used it as a jack on the second flat. Used a curb in a parking lot for the first on.
I'm just glad it happened before we left for Tennessee
P.S. I had a right front tire on my tow rig seperate yesterday too! $1700 for truck tires and $200 worth of trailer tires all in one day.
I meant to find one of those pieces shaped like a triangle on top and circle on the bottom. You place it under axle and drive vehicle forward or back to raise that tire. That'd be perfect Jack for the Pioneer.

Reactions: Tramguage1
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I need help.. I smashed my trailer lights. Ok i bought some new LED kind and they do not light up. Tried two sets. I hooked my old ones up and they work fine. The len is smashed on old ones so i have to replace them. Why would the old ones just reguler trailer light work but not the new led ones? I don't get it.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I need help.. I smashed my trailer lights. Ok i bought some new LED kind and they do not light up. Tried two sets. I hooked my old ones up and they work fine. The len is smashed tho. Why would the old ones just reguler trailer light work but not the new led ones? I don't get it.
Be sure to check your wiring for.correct polarity and good grounds. The LED lighting is polarity senitive and some may require a desiganted ground wire. Power probe 3 is your best friend right now!!!

advertisement
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Be sure to check your wiring for.correct polarity and good grounds. The LED lighting is polarity senitive and some may require a desiganted ground wire. Power probe 3 is your best friend right now!!!
I've not got the ground wire hooked up at all. The one coming from 4 way plug. The new lights have a ground that is supposed to go on the lights bolts. i guess i need to try hooking the ground up that comes from plug. With the old lights i never used the ground. Thanks

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What colors are the wires on the LED lite?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also you can test the lites with a 9volt battery to find the correct combination.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
What colors are the wires on the LED lite?
There's a yellow and black and white ground from the drivers side and green and black and white ground from passengers side. It's all hooked up right. They just do not work at all. I guess it's the ground that could be the only thing. The ground coming from 4 way plug is the only thing that is not hooked up.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've not got the ground wire hooked up at all. The one coming from 4 way plug. The new lights have a ground that is supposed to go on the lights bolts. i guess i need to try hooking the ground up that comes from plug. With the old lights i never used the ground. Thanks
I had to have bare metal for the ground to register. Each light was a separate ground and was touchy

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There's a yellow and black and white ground from the drivers side and green and black and white ground from passengers side. It's all hooked up right. They just do not work at all. I guess it's the ground that could be the only thing. The ground coming from 4 way plug is the only thing that is not hooked up.
Take some jumper cables and connect from you tow vehicle to the trailer. May help with the ground

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Guessing color is the turn signal, black is running lites and white ground.
Also should use the white/ground on the plug all the way back to help with grounding. I have seen LEDS flicker pretty bad when using the trailer ball for ground connection between

Reactions: markie and scott
M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
I sure hope the weather changes a little bit for the better.lol.Still will be there regardless.Too much invested now.lol

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.