OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
I am loading up the camper thursday morning and driving up there. Its about a 4 hour drive for us give or take (depending on traffic/etc.).

Once I have the camper setup I would like to do a quick ride around thursday evening as long as it is not raining...Everyone look for my grey dually and a Jayco camper, feel free to drop by!
Same here.Abought 4 hour.Be in jayco hybird camper.Would like to cruise around some if it isnt to rainy.lot 14

Reactions: Marine660
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wife gets out of Nissan at 4am Fri morning then coming straight home to finish her packing. I'll have everything loaded Thurs night. Should get there before noon. If it's too early to check in, guess we will ride around some. Staying at the top of the hill on your left in half of double wide that's facing general store. I'm not hoping for rain (cause I know most don't want it to), but if it does, I'll be the one person not complaining lol.

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
IMG 5714
IMG 8405
I just need to get this work day over.lol

We are pretty much ready its like waiting on opening day of Deer season. LOL We live 119 miles from Royal Blue and 53 miles from Wind Rock
We are lucky on being so close. We look forward to meeting everyone BE SAFE DRIVING HERE.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I still haven't started packing. I got to change out brakes and rotors today on wife's honda minivan, then i'll start packing stuff up. About 3.5 hour drive for me.

Reactions: markie
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
were all packed up just have to load p500 on trailer secure it at lunch today then @ 4pm im off like a prom dress for the 15hr drive to Hendersonville TN spend Wednesday and Thursday with kids and granddaughter then head to RRB

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well here we go again, LOL I've been coming to Royal Blue for the past 10 years and I have learned that any weather is possible from October through April. It can be snowing and 25 degrees to Sunny and 70 in a manner of one day to the next. Smokey Mountains has a lot of unpredictable precipitation from fog and light rain to downpours with little to no notice and depends on which side of the mountain you happen to be on whether it is raining or sunshine literally.

Come prepared this weekend ON THE TRAILS for Snow and 30 degree, 40 degrees and raining, to 65 and Sunny weather it literally changes by the hour.

Weather 4 7 16

Reactions: Vato
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Well i'll be packing my old hunting bibs. And some rain gear. Dang they still muddy from hunting season. I'll just put them in different bag lol..

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Left work a little early, headed home to load truck and trailer. Leaving in the morning . See you guys Thursday evening. Anyone else coming from the West ? Staying Wednesday in Little Rock area.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well here we go again, LOL I've been coming to Royal Blue for the past 10 years and I have learned that any weather is possible from October through April. It can be snowing and 25 degrees to Sunny and 70 in a manner of one day to the next. Smokey Mountains has a lot of unpredictable precipitation from fog and light rain to downpours with little to no notice and depends on which side of the mountain you happen to be on whether it is raining or sunshine literally.

Come prepared this weekend ON THE TRAILS for Snow and 30 degree, 40 degrees and raining, to 65 and Sunny weather it literally changes by the hour.

View attachment 13037
Heck that's just like Texas weather!!!

Reactions: markie and JACKAL
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm having to leave Fri morning now. Bummer. I'm hoping to get there around 9am.
I hope its not to cold on saturday

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Pulled in tonight.hate to be late.went for a ride dryer than exspected. Get your oing scotting tomorrow.
Looking for the old man trails. I what to find a good leisurely route for those that dont want to test the limits of there bikes.
If anyone here cancels there camp spot me pm me so were not camping in the parking lot " over flow camping spot".

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here is a bypass we will be taking Saturday, but its fairly far away.

Trail 2 is a nice smooth along a river. BUT... at the end trail 26 is a decent hill, we will be taking the "old man" shortcut Saturday.
See picture (Post in a min)
At the end of trail 2 if you continue straight, you will come out at a Church. Go out and left, look for the next road/trail to the left. It will take you as the picture shows.
23 will connect to 38 or 19.

Last edited:
advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.