Overhead lightbar mount options for glass windshield?

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
Do any of you run a overhead lightbar and also have a full glass windshield? I have not been able to find a mount that would work. I have an emp glass windshield fyi.

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
this is what I did IMG 20170107 203255184 1 Also welcome to the club from Ohio

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
when installing be sure you get it mounted so that it does not reflect off windshield. My buddy has one on his YXZ that reflects fo bad he can see more with out it

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
when installing be sure you get it mounted so that it does not reflect off windshield. My buddy has one on his YXZ that reflects fo bad he can see more with out it
Good point. I was planning to spring for a good quality one which I think will help with beam pattern. It just is confusing because I figured a manufacturer like emp might have found a way to address this with a product that would work with their windshield.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I went with Baja Desigh lights mounted to front bumper (2 spot/flood combos & a 10" light bar) in amber. So bright I don't notice if shut off headlights. I think they offer a head light replacement but not sure if street legal

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
A thought on this.....Could I buy a single row 40 inch bar and just mount the included light bracket feet right to the top of the windshield frame, just under the roof lip? The windshield frame is steel and there is quite a bit of material there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!