P700 Overhead speaker console

volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
Been looking at examples of DIY overheads for speakers. Haven't seen many I like or that will work with what I want, so I decided to wing it and try something. Built a box using 3/4 MDF and 1/2" ply and sprayed with bedliner. Mounted with 5 SS bar clamps. 1000 watt 4ch amp with two Polk 6.5 fronts and backs bridged to Polk DVC 8" sub. Had to add a capacitor to keep the bass from dropping out. Sounds great & bass hits hard enough to be heard while idling from outside the cab several feet away. Used a Pyle bluetooth controller as head unit. Now to get a full size car battery and isolator so I can use it while stopped...

Dash Mounted Painted Spk box

Reactions: swsebek and trigger
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!