Overtightened factory bolts

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Great information. Thanks. Which brand of easyout do you use. How new/old is your Talon. Question - does SC use Loctitte (blue) in their final assembly? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
I don't think that they are using Loctite, I think that they are just over torquing or just sending them in crooked.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
What's worse is when there's no wrench to fit it right. The door bolts on the P5 are Allen's and I swear they must've made their own size. I've taken them out twice and vowed to never do it again.
I've seen plenty of cheap Chinese hardware like that but it may be that being torqued too tight they are just stretching them out a bit.

P

Pawhaw

Dec 17, 2021
Steeleville il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So swapping to a new cage and started removing the stock one today. Whoever built the drivers side of this car in Japan was using to many Uga Duggas….Seems like every bolt was so tight that the allen would just spin in the bolt and the two 14mm bolts under the fuse panel between the seat, yup, the drivers side was finger loose and just spinning in the captive bolt stripped. Thanks to the easy out got everything out but Jeez….Wish the whole car was like
My pioneer 1000-5 2021 bumper bolt on driver side was so tight had to cut nut off and bolt flew out of frame hit tire bounced off tire and flew under machine was freaking ridiculous

Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great information. Thanks. Which brand of easyout do you use. How new/old is your Talon. Question - does SC use Loctitte (blue) in their final assembly? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
Hand me down Easy Outs from my father? Talon is a 21’ R midel

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cost me being able to instal a rear bumper from Honda I had to just give up on getting a bolt out on the rear door. I figured the powder coating was still green when they installed the bolt in the welded on nut. Had a similar problem with the front factory bumper when needed to remove it to install the winch I had purchased. hours and hours of wasted effort....