P500 Owners who went Rincon-to-P500...happy?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just want to know how many people who rode a Rincon, and now ride a P500 like it? Are you glad you made the move? Any thing you regret or miss? Or would you never look back?

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Just want to know how many people who rode a Rincon, and now ride a P500 like it? Are you glad you made the move? Any thing you regret or miss? Or would you never look back?
I didn't have a Rincon, but I have a Rancher, which I bought new in 2005. I love that thing; absolutely bulletproof, never left me afoot...which, by the way, reliability for me is my number one priority...and is probably the reason I waited so long to get into the sxs game. Well, that being said, I've ridden it twice in the 18 months I've had my P500. 'Nuff said?

Reactions: Tflynn
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I miss my Rincon. Jumped to the 700 and then to the 1000. Now thinking about a 500 because my 1000 won't fit through the woods like my Rincon would. Kinda knew that going into it though. oh well.

Bennboyd

Bennboyd

Aug 7, 2016
Canton Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Had an '02 Rubi then an '05 Rincon. Both are bullet proof and great all-around bikes. I went to SXS in '09 with the Teryx and haven't looked back. Finally sold the Rincon and purchased a '15 P5 last year for my wife. We both loved having a quad to switch off to so it was hard to get rid of and were weary of the P5s capability but we're both really impressed. Awesome turning radius and the small size makes it simple for tight spots and a blast to drive. I've opted to drive it every opportunity I've had and pass on our 2016 Teryx 4 recently. OK on speed but it is quick once you get comfortable with the paddles/shifting on the trails.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 19821 Had an '02 Rubi then an '05 Rincon. Both are bullet proof and great all-around bikes. I went to SXS in '09 with the Teryx and haven't looked back. Finally sold the Rincon and purchased a '15 P5 last year for my wife. We both loved having a quad to switch off to so it was hard to get rid of and were weary of the P5s capability but we're both really impressed. Awesome turning radius and the small size makes it simple for tight spots and a blast to drive. I've opted to drive it every opportunity I've had and pass on our 2016 Teryx 4 recently. OK on speed but it is quick once you get comfortable with the paddles/shifting on the trails.
Welcome here Benn. Nice P5

Reactions: Bennboyd
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I had a Rincon and really liked it and thought I would keep it forever, then got a P5 drove it a few times and sold the Rincon and have not looked back. The thing I did not like about the Rincon was the lack or a very low gear and having to use a lot of brake on steep long down hills.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Had a rincon for 8 years and put 10,000 miles on it. I miss it a little but I'm getting a little older and don't drive fast off-road anymore. I usually don't go past half throttle in my pioneer 500 because of the noise and poor suspension. I use my dual sport for speed.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Had a rincon for 8 years and put 10,000 miles on it. I miss it a little but I'm getting a little older and don't drive fast off-road anymore. I usually don't go past half throttle in my pioneer 500 because of the noise and poor suspension. I use my dual sport for speed.
I had a 2012 500 Foreman for 3yrs sold it and bought my p500 and really love it.I deer hunt all winter and the p500 can do anything my foreman could.The only thing I had to do was buy a deer loader ant mount on the front.Love it also because I don't have to pick the deer up 4' off the ground.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I had a 2011 Rincon and went to the P500 a year ago, definitely like the P500 better. It has a lot more versatility and way more comfortable / safe for two people.

Reactions: 500oneer
advertisement
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I had an atv cab for my rincon,it was ok but nothing like a real cab.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone miss the power of their Rincon over the P500? Also, do taller tires make the P500 tippy?

J

Jackg

Jul 28, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2007 Rincon I bought used several years ago. I really like it for use on our farm and due to age and knee problems it a necessity for me to get around. Several weeks ago it started having problems powering out and just running really rough. Took it to dealer and they diagnosed it as having a worn lobe on the camshaft causing the exhaust valve to not open enough. Anyway, they are replacing the cam for $600.

I had been looking at the P500 for some time as the side by side offered easier access on and off for these old bones. While I was at the dealer I took a test ride on one and loved it and wound up buying a red one and took it home the same day!

I’ve already added a Throttle Maxx, Superwinch 4000 UTV winch, Moose roof, 240 watt led light bar, and a Boss sound system!

I absolutely love this machine - It fits my needs perfectly.

When the Rincon is fixed, I’m handing it down to my wife to replace her current ride - a ‘93 Honda TRX300FW.

I really enjoy this forum and have learned a lot the last few weeks. Thanks to you all!

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I have a 2007 Rincon I bought used several years ago. I really like it for use on our farm and due to age and knee problems it a necessity for me to get around. Several weeks ago it started having problems powering out and just running really rough. Took it to dealer and they diagnosed it as having a worn lobe on the camshaft causing the exhaust valve to not open enough. Anyway, they are replacing the cam for $600.

I had been looking at the P500 for some time as the side by side offered easier access on and off for these old bones. While I was at the dealer I took a test ride on one and loved it and wound up buying a red one and took it home the same day!

I’ve already added a Throttle Maxx, Superwinch 4000 UTV winch, Moose roof, 240 watt led light bar, and a Boss sound system!

I absolutely love this machine - It fits my needs perfectly.

When the Rincon is fixed, I’m handing it down to my wife to replace her current ride - a ‘93 Honda TRX300FW.

I really enjoy this forum and have learned a lot the last few weeks. Thanks to you all!

Welcome to the forum Jackg and sounds like your having fun. Best Wishes

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Does anyone miss the power of their Rincon over the P500? Also, do taller tires make the P500 tippy?
The 500 has a ton of power in low and second gear because of gearing. Top speed is about 42 so if you like to go fast on roads forget it. I have 26s and I don't think it's tippy at all. All your weight is down low and I feel safer with 2 people in the 500 than the rincon.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

Sorry not a Rincon... A first gen Rubicon, loved that machine 9000 Kms of hard abuse, never walked once. Was stollen and replaced with '15 P500. Totally glad I made the move, more versatile. The only thing I find a challenge is cross slope driving as you can't "see" all the wheels. It "feels" like you are gonna flop it over but in reality usually I'm not even close to angle of no return. Not being able to readily use body English feels weird too, however if you have a passenger they can open the door and stand on the high side to help out. These rigs aren't as "tippy" as people make out I don't think, its the above not seeing wheels and not having the ability to step off as it goes over that creates a sense of fear. When I get on steep side slope I reflect back to ATV, and use that as a guide, more often than not its just me "feeling" uncomfortable and in reality machine is a long ways from turtling. In fact I've stopped and tried to pull it over and again not even close the limit... Hahahaa ok well not yet so far. So much more fun to visit as you ride too.

j

Reactions: 500oneer