P1000 P 1000-5 and Elka suspension, worth every penny!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I ordered Stage 3's July 8th, its Aug 14th today so I'm at a little over 5 weeks. Anxious to get them. My 4 year old girls were not enjoying the stock ride on rocky trails, "Daddy its too bumpy".
The Elka' will help but a P1 is no sport model.

Reactions: Raynman and Isaiah
NMelkaholic

NMelkaholic

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the stage 3 today!! lookin forward to a better ride!!!

Reactions: Raynman
NickN

NickN

Dec 7, 2019
Boulder Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update on my stage 3's, after almost 3 months finally got them. Its a totally different ride, still not a razor but makes it much more enjoyable. And my little girls were having fun too so glad I upgraded. Feel like I'm going ~10mph faster thru the bumpy stuff if that helps describe the difference.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I missed the jump to this newer link. I'm re-pasting my post. Hope this helps someone.

I know this is a bit stale, but thought I'd say something.
I've spent a good amount of time in Razors and had a Teryx 4 (great machine) before.
I need something between sport and utility, which is why I bought a Pioneer 1K 5.
Struggled quite a bit about the $$ to go with the Limited Edition, but did.
I am happy with my choice. Put 75 miles on it today on rutted, frozen over dirt roads.
Smoothed out the bumps and tracked well.

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
OP - in your original post you had mentioned how the stock ride was no better than your 1 ton. In addition to work around the property, a smoother, faster, softer ride on bumpy, washboard, rocky forest roads when getting to hunting trailheads is definitely a reason I'm considering a 1000-3 base.

With the Elkas are you happy with the decision or in your mind is it not that much of a step up from your 1 ton ride quality?

Thanks,

S

Reactions: TripleB and Raynman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!