P500 P 500 spare tire mount

S

Shive

I had my spare mounted behind the passenger side vertically but it impaired my vision too much. I didn't want to take up room in the bed or block the brake light so I mounted it up front.The winch hook fits through the rim hole and there is a 1/2" stud to bolt to a lug nut hole. I tightened the winch up on a 3/4" piece of solid shaft. The 3" x 2" angle iron is u-bolted to the frame and a 1/2" nut welded to it for the 1/2" bolt. I can easily access the winch by removing one nut and washer if needed.
I had everything except the u-bolts so I have a $1.56 in it.

IMG 0564 IMG 0565 IMG 0566 IMG 0563

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Simple enough.

Reactions: Mudwing
H

Hoop

I did a similar mount but used 1 1/2 inch aluminum tubing. Removed winch hook and attached a 7/16 ibolt to end of winch cable . Again used aluminum tubing to secure spare tire.

WIN 20201009 172524 WIN 20201009 172530

H

Hoop

Do not think much strain on winch as tire side lugs are helping supporting tire weight and have winch cable rubber bumper on winch cable. Am considering adding a support bolt, to go thru wheel lug bolt hole, that is attached to the aluminum tubing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!