P1-K LITTLE THINGS?

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Ya it would make a good spot for those to springer. looks like it gonna have some good stifiling on the floor and footrest for traction!!

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know on my foreman when parking on a hill and leaving it in gear (ES shift) i have to push it to get it to go back into neutral to start it. Wonder if that will have to be done to get the 1000 to go out of park on a hill. If so that's a lot of weight to move. On another note i have to stop looking and talking about the 1000 i want it more and more and starting to regret buying the 700 this sucks. I bought the 700 wanting a long term SxS and this 1000 will make a 100 times better long term SxS than the 700.

You can start the Foreman ES in gear. At least with my 2012 you can. Gotta hold the right brake lever.

And im with you about the 1000, the more I look at it, the more I realize it has everything I want that I havent found with other SXS. I guess im lucky a 700 wasnt in the budget this year, because a 1000 will be in the budget next year!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nope, that's where all your aftermarket accessory switches and stereo go

Or a 7 to 10" GPS display, my eyes are getting too old for 5" screens on the trails.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Touchscreen switches???

That'd be kinda cool.

With a Bluetooth relay it would be possible, I do not know if such a thing exits but if you can control stuff in your Home / RV / etc from smartphone iPad why not lights etc. I didn't think of that great idea!

Superwinch has a Bluetooth / WiFi enabled winch for vehicles that can be controlled from a smartphone I'm sure it is doable :p

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have actually looked into it.. Rasberrypie W/Bluetooth and a switch controller is all that's needed. And someone who knows how to program it!
Could be some $$$$$$ made if one could get a system together --> @ohanacreek.
Seems like I seen a utvunderground video of a rzr with touch screen switches. See if I can find it.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have actually looked into it.. Rasberrypie W/Bluetooth and a switch controller is all that's needed. And someone who knows how to program it!
Seems like I seen a utvunderground video of a rzr with touch screen switches. See if I can find it.

Below is a video that shows a WiFi controller with 4 outputs that can be controlled by wifi smartphone or tablet, you would just wire direct to 12v system instead of the wallwart in the video would have to weather proof it though. I see it only being good for something novel like whip lights etc.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yeah writing code was the class in college I failed miserably. Made me switch engineering curriculums because I couldn't code and there are a lot of PLC controllers in chemical plants.

I've wanted to try to get a rasberi pi to work on a home automation project but that lack of skill has stopped me.

Www.infinitybox.com has the capability to be controlled via wifi and it's an automotive device.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's pretty cool. I'm not sure of how durable it would be but its still cool. I'm sure it could be made durable with the right parts.

I may could spare an Automation Direct or C-more HMI as I have several of each in my truck that ride with me for work. Customers return some that are water damaged or cracked screen so I could take some apart and make one good one if someone has the skill to make it work.

Joe

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
I wonder if the new machine is going to have a fly by wire throtle, i hope it is still mechanical, there is a lag sometimes i could feel with that system on my ranger!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!