P1000m5 P1000-5 dead cylinder

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't understand the obsession with pics of the machine. Like, we all know what a Pioneer looks like.

We try to be gentle, kind and considerate of some of our, um, "slower" members. Truth it, some ain't got much schoolin' or spent too much time dipping the pig tails of the girl in front of us in the ink-well. "Illiterate" doesn't begin to describe, but somehow we scraped enough money together for a down payment on our P-1000.

I don't have pictures of all this, but I do have half a bottle of blue ink and a fountain pen as proof. (The wife's hair has grown out and is no longer blue.)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't understand the obsession with pics of the machine. Like, we all know what a Pioneer looks like.

BC we get people coming in b****ing about their junk ass Honda but won't show any pics to prove it. It's how we weed out the trolls. Pics or it's BS. 🧐

B

bcgunner

Jan 16, 2023
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone figured out this problem yet? I'm working on a 2018 1000-3 18,000 miles, that has a dead miss on the front cylinder. Its rich, not lean. I had a bad coil and replaced them both just because, new plugs, ran great for a little while then started sputtering just before it shifts, shifts ran good till the next shift. I found the front cylinder front exhaust valve was very tight, adjusted them all to .009, no change. Checked the injectors, nice spray from both, swapped them, no change, front cylinder still dead. I don't have a compression gauge to fit it yet, so no numbers for that, but the compression feels pretty even in both cylinders. Sorry for the epistle here, but I'm pretty stumped. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Has anyone figured out this problem yet? I'm working on a 2018 1000-3 18,000 miles, that has a dead miss on the front cylinder. Its rich, not lean. I had a bad coil and replaced them both just because, new plugs, ran great for a little while then started sputtering just before it shifts, shifts ran good till the next shift. I found the front cylinder front exhaust valve was very tight, adjusted them all to .009, no change. Checked the injectors, nice spray from both, swapped them, no change, front cylinder still dead. I don't have a compression gauge to fit it yet, so no numbers for that, but the compression feels pretty even in both cylinders. Sorry for the epistle here, but I'm pretty stumped. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you all for your time.
Your injector wires may be bad, if they are the Club Store here has the fix. Pictures or it didn't happen.

B

bcgunner

Jan 16, 2023
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
0125231943 HDR

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you familiar with noid lights?
Is the injector getting signal?
It is rare for the computer to fail. but it does happen. Another member replaced theirs recently. The injector driver circuit fails. Do you have another machine local to you to swap computers?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm working on a 2018 1000-3 18,000 miles,
Welcome from the Putrid Swamp Run Michigan!
What state is 83686?
Im asking him fellas 😂

Wow! What are you doing to get 18k out of an 18’? Its possible, weve seen it, just not often. Inquiring minds want to know

H

HondaTech

Sounds like the 2018 we had a couple years back that needed a PCM.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!