P1000 P1000-5 Forest - Ranch style

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I figured I would start a build thread for my new P1000-5. I don't have real drastic plans for the 1000 as it is pretty well equipped for use on the ranch already. I did quite a few things to my P500 here - P500 - Ultimate Ranch UTV - P500

I really enjoyed my P500 for the last 7 years but I was ready for something new. We are hoping to add a kid or two in the next few years so a little more room would be helpful. The P500 was handy being so narrow, able to fit down any cow trail but it had its limitations (power, speed, cargo space). I won a John Deere Gator through Farm Bureau and I looked into those quite a bit but I ultimately decided I couldn't stomach the belt transmission and its clutch issues with the Gator.

IMG 0264

The Forest edition caught my eye for 2022. I really liked the bumper and winch that came on this model. I was a little worried about the front end design changes for 2022 causing issues with aftermarket bumpers like Ranch Armor so I though it made sense to go with the factory bumper through the Forest edition. Luckily, one of my local dealers had one in stock and they weren't marking it up at all.

IMG 1361

I've never cared for the rear roll cage on the 1000-5 so the first thing I did was remove the nets and the rear cage.

IMG 0268
IMG 0322

I installed the 1000-3 roof to my 5 seater without any modification. It fits on a 6x10 trailer easily.

IMG 0588

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
There's a few things I've been disappointed with so far. The bed and doors all rattle like crazy. I'll be doing some reading on the forum on how to fix this. I already saw the bed latches have been redesigned for 22 which makes the old fix impossible. I was also disappointed in the paint and finish on the bumper. There's quite a bit of splatter from the welds and some missing paint around the joints etc. I was already planning on getting it sprayed with Line-x to help protect it anyways. I'm really pleased with how the Line-x turned out.

69271923484  D5BDE462 B130 4185 9C14 4E4967452FCD

IMG 0871

FYI - there's a real tight tolerance at the bottom mounting holes of the bumper, especially with the winch mount.

Future plans include tool/supplies storage in the bed, tire upgrade, shock upgrade, gun rack, lighting etc.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!