P1000 P1000-5 hard roof

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 P1000-5 and installed a super atv honda flip-up windshield some time ago and now would like to install the honda hard plastic roof. Will this roof fit with the flip-up windshield? The windshield has three clamps on the top front bar and I am wondering whether or not the roof will fit with those clamps? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is tight, but the roof clamps sit just inside of the outer windshield clamps.

I just installed the flip windshield on mine last Saturday. It took some finagling but it finally fit. Might be quicker to loosen the windshield mount to get the roof attached.

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It definitely fits. I had the roof on before my flip up windshield and it went right on. Like it was mentioned above, if there is any interference, just loosen up the clamps on the windshield to get it in there.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Put mine on with the roof already there... driver side fit fine but we had to loosen the passenger roof mount to get the window mount positioned correctly. Other than that, no issues at all.

T

Travis85

Aug 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is tight, but the roof clamps sit just inside of the outer windshield clamps.

I just installed the flip windshield on mine last Saturday. It took some finagling but it finally fit. Might be quicker to loosen the windshield mount to get the roof attached.
Do u guys like the flip up window? Any problems with it scratching?

Reactions: Mann51 and BWAF
Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They work great together. I had no issues installing my windshield with my roof already on. I love my flip up windshield. It's super durable and doesn't scratch easily.

20180904 192919

Reactions: BWAF and Travis85
T

Travis85

Aug 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They work great together. I had no issues installing my windshield with my roof already on. I love my flip up windshield. It's super durable and doesn't scratch easily.

View attachment 86070
Great. Thanks. Been stuck in a down pour with the half windshield. Luckily it was just the wife and I and she had enough to drink she just laughed about it. But going to Hatfield McCoy trails at the end of the month and plan on riding weather it’s raining or not.

Reactions: Bobby_BAS and BWAF
E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 86070
I’ve had my flip up windshield for two years and no scratches yet . Just have to take care of it and not try to wash the mud off without water . Also, had my windshield on first and the roof went on with no issues at all.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!