P1000 P1000-5 limited vs std or deluxe

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive never done that since 16’ and no issues with the machine. Even with the older original clutch system its was fine. Many of us old veteran forum guys have done it this way. I think its more of a disclosure statement to cover there ass! Lol

Well I guess I have only done it a 1000 times, absolutely ZERO problem yet ...... lol

I let off the gas for a second before in or out, that is all. I do stop for LockDiff.

Same here.

you can shift the range or lockers while moving, the whole trick is that you need ALL the load/bind out of the drivetrain to do it without risking damaging something.
cant be in a bind forward - accelerating or climbing a hill (even a very slight one).
cant be in a reverse bind - decelerating or rolling down a hill where its starting to use the engine as a brake

the big thing to remember is dont force anything.
you can feel it when the drivetrain is out of a bind - it shifts very easy.

safest way is always to come to a complete stop. but who has time for that?

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
Here is my 2 cents on the LE vs Deluxe:

I had a list of upgrades i was buying immediately and the LE didnt make sense for me.

the first issue was the skid plate. I wanted a full UHMW skid plate, the LE has a skid plate but it only covered the center section. So the skid plate added no value for me on the LE.

Similar issue w the A Arm guards. I was going with aftermarket A Arms (to fit 30's) so i would lose the guards too.

I planned to buy the fox shocks, but ended up with the Elkas. Spent a little more money here.

Finally i preferred the manual locker vs. the I4WD system. this is a personal choice, but i prefer less electronics and the ability to fully lock the front without waiting for the system to sense wheel spin then lock it up with the brakes.

the only other thing that was different on the LE was the storage under the dash.

so i bought the deluxe, and the skid plate, and shocks, for about the same price as getting the LE. But i have the skid and shocks i prefer.

Shocks - $2400 (Elkas, Fox are $1750)
Skid - $775
Storage - $125
Total Difference- $3300 ($2650 w Fox)

depending on what the price difference is now, this may or may not make sense for you

I've started running numbers and specific items I want and the deluxe or standard makes the most since to me. thanks for the reply.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've started running numbers and specific items I want and the deluxe or standard makes the most since to me. thanks for the reply.
no problem.
just remember the LED headlights, wheels/tires, and body panels that you lose if you are considering the base model.
i was comparing deluxe vs. LE and left out the upgrades included from base to deluxe

i also left out the std/deluxe front bumper vs. the LE bumper. The LE bumper is nicer but not something i was worried about

F

Funseekers

Apr 9, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe it all comes down to personal preference and how you plan use & modify your machine. We got lucky & found a 1000-5 LE a couple of months ago, it's perfect for us. We have no desire to make major modifications because we do not trial ride or go to mudding events. Most of our riding is on dirt, gravel, and paved roads checking farm fields & such as well as light use around the farm & yard. We love it but understand it's not the best choice for everyone!