P1000 P1000-5 Spare Tire Mount Options?

Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Sep 23, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have been on the hunt for a spare tire mount for the 1000-5 and not having much luck. There are a couple of hitch mount options, but prefer something mounted to the cage. Anyone find anything? Pics are always appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have been on the hunt for a spare tire mount for the 1000-5 and not having much luck. There are a couple of hitch mount options, but prefer something mounted to the cage. Anyone find anything? Pics are always appreciated.

Thanks
Someone here on the forum made a rear bumper that had a pivoting spare tire attachment on it. It was hinged at one end so the whole spare tire would swing out of the way allowing the tailgate to lower and the bed to dump. Was it @ohanacreek ?

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I have the idea to weld up a mount to
go in the front corner of the bed &
hopefully mount it with some of the
fasteners that already there, but I
haven't looked at that in while. I
am still trying to get started again
on my light & winch wiring, but it's
been too cold to work in my garage.
I want to configure mount to hold a
small bottle jack, as well.

I am intending to buy a spare tire
mounted on a front deluxe alloy
wheel.

I have a 1k3, so I don't have to worry
about the rear seat access.

John

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been on the fence about carrying the added weight of a spare wheel and tire. If I do decide to mount one, I will try to figure out a way to attach it to the front OEM Brush Guard Bumper.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone here on the forum made a rear bumper that had a pivoting spare tire attachment on it. It was hinged at one end so the whole spare tire would swing out of the way allowing the tailgate to lower and the bed to dump. Was it @ohanacreek ?

Was for a 700, someone else made one for a 1000 but it was WAY low and IMO had a lot of leverage on the mounting points considering the 100ish pounds of stuff he had added to the already heavy mount.

7c973097d6eb3ae187dda7d98558d6a1

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Sep 23, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe that's the post I read through recently.
You could build something like this UTV mount really cheap, or get their mount and redrill the holes. UTV INC 1¾
There are multiple similar options like that available, all are for a 1.75" bar, the pioneer bar is 45mm or 1.772"

advertisement
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't put much time into it recently, but my rear swing out bumper is coming along. Thanks to the person who built the one for the 700 above. Gave me some motivation.

Waiting on the 2 - 2 gallon Rotopax, then I'll finish up the other mounting plate for fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Was for a 700, someone else made one for a 1000 but it was WAY low and IMO had a lot of leverage on the mounting points considering the 100ish pounds of stuff he had added to the already heavy mount.

7c973097d6eb3ae187dda7d98558d6a1

Is that the factory muffler with a different tip? If so where can I get one.

Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Sep 23, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't put much time into it recently, but my rear swing out bumper is coming along. Thanks to the person who built the one for the 700 above. Gave me some motivation.

Waiting on the 2 - 2 gallon Rotopax, then I'll finish up the other mounting plate for fuel.

View attachment 10431
exactly what I'm looking for, now I just need to talk someone into making a couple who's a little closer than AK ;)

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good friend of mine is starting his own fab and powder coat business. I sent him a picture of this and told him if priced right potential first to market sales would be good.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 10467

Finally got the last bracket made, and the 2 - 2 gallon Rotopax put on. Seems to work ok. I had to tighten the crap out of the rotopax extension piece to get the outer most tank secure. Bumper swings out of the way so we can still lower the tailgate and dump the bed. Kept everything low and not too much higher than the tailgate, so that we can still easily see out the back of the machine. Built the brackets using 1 1/4" receiver tubes, so if I want to change it up later its not that much work. Might work on a chainsaw bracket next, but for now this will work.

Trailer makes up to it, without any issues when in a hard turn. I might shorten up that receiver just a little, as I have a few inches clearance to play with.

After seeing all these guys installing the CATVOS 3" lift, that might be the next project on the list. Fitting a set of 30-32" tired would really help out on some of the trails we ride. I saw one guy post a broken front axle already though, so I am a little hesitant. Wanted to get a little more ground clearance, so that hitch extension I have on doesn't cause quite as many issues on the trail.

IMG 2002 IMG 2003 IMG 2007 IMG 2013

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Finally got the last bracket made, and the 2 - 2 gallon Rotopax put on. Seems to work ok. I had to tighten the crap out of the rotopax extension piece to get the outer most tank secure. Bumper swings out of the way so we can still lower the tailgate and dump the bed. Kept everything low and not too much higher than the tailgate, so that we can still easily see out the back of the machine. Built the brackets using 1 1/4" receiver tubes, so if I want to change it up later its not that much work. Might work on a chainsaw bracket next, but for now this will work.

Trailer makes up to it, without any issues when in a hard turn. I might shorten up that receiver just a little, as I have a few inches clearance to play with.

After seeing all these guys installing the CATVOS 3" lift, that might be the next project on the list. Fitting a set of 30-32" tired would really help out on some of the trails we ride. I saw one guy post a broken front axle already though, so I am a little hesitant. Wanted to get a little more ground clearance, so that hitch extension I have on doesn't cause quite as many issues on the trail.

View attachment 10938 View attachment 10939 View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941

That looks really good. Thanks for sharing that.

advertisement