P1000 P1000-5 30in tires?

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy all, im bqck after a break. Had a 2015 or 16 P500, which was a good little machine. Daughter gor big eniugh to 2ant to do more trail riding so we went to a CanQm Mwverick X3 turbo which we loved.
But our riding group slowly fell apart. So i trwded the X3 in on a used P1k-5 trail.
I have a like new set of 30in tires and wheels that i would love to out on this rig.
From my research looks like front a-arms needed, will the rear clear as is?
Sorry im at work and no phone signal so no easy way to post pics.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new (to you) P1K5! I have 30" tires on 15" rims with 5+2 offset. I added SATV atlas pro arms (front and rear) and RB3 wide track wheel spacer kit. Adjusted the preload on the QS3's and still rub slightly at full lock on the front and at full compression in the rear.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Howdy all, im bqck after a break. Had a 2015 or 16 P500, which was a good little machine. Daughter gor big eniugh to 2ant to do more trail riding so we went to a CanQm Mwverick X3 turbo which we loved.
Sorry im at work and no phone signal so no easy way to post pics.
And the phone signal must have thought u where speaking Pig Latin also? 🤣

I run 30’s and yea you should get arms and spacers depending on your wheel offset.
Usually the @RB3offroad wide track bundle does the trick. You will need aftermarket shocks so you can add preload to help that bottoming out situation causing them to rub.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run C-Fab arms with lift built in with wheel spacers on 30s with 15x7 vision beadlocks with no rub.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our Atlas Pro 1.5" forward arms will clear 31"s all around.
Link: https://www.superatv.com/honda-pioneer-1000-atlas-pro-1-5-inch-forward-offset-a-arms
The link should specify which wheel offset/ tire width will clear 31’s. Obviously, 31’s on factory wheels are different than 31s on the same wheel all the way around.

I’m not knocking them, I like them a lot, supper beefy. And I admit I didn’t use the included steering stops. But I rub front and back with 30s on a 22 P-1k5.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
The link should specify which wheel offset/ tire width will clear 31’s. Obviously, 31’s on factory wheels are different than 31s on the same wheel all the way around.

I’m not knocking them, I like them a lot, supper beefy. And I admit I didn’t use the included steering stops. But I rub front and back with 30s on a 22 P-1k5.
Hmm....not sure what's up in the rear. Should clear. The front is probably the lack of steering stop bushings. BUT...I don't blame you. I don't use them either.

Reactions: toddvdh
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmm....not sure what's up in the rear. Should clear. The front is probably the lack of steering stop bushings. BUT...I don't blame you. I don't use them either.
I had to use wheel spacers in the front or they rode hard on the A arms. Wasn't real surprised and planned on installing them anyway. The rears rub at full compression on QS3 setting one, setting 2 fixes it. Again, I'm not at all disappointed in the Atlas Pros, just caution on blanket statements of "will clear" vrs will clear 31's under the right conditions.

Edit to add, could also be a 22+ vrs 16-21 issue. The 22+ beefed up the front wheel well plastics.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 31s and 30s rub more in the rear. Shock travel allows the tires to hit under the door. It's only at full articulation like when a front tire is off the ground or on a hard whoop hit

Reactions: SuperATV and 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!