P1000 Tires

Chelsea_Boy

Chelsea_Boy

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2024
Paw Paw Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready to get rid of my OEM tires on my 1000-5. Decided on the BFG KM3 MT. What is the largest size I can do without any sort of lift. I may concider wheel spacers if thats a good way to go but I`ve heard it messes up the vehicle if I do spacers .... any advice?

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes 28" tires is tallest you can go on an otherwise stock machine. Many people run wheel spacers. I have the widetrack bundle from RB3OFFROAD

Homer

Homer

Happy Birthday MoPower!
Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^^^both of those^^^

Reactions: ChadD
T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
What does a wider trac do? I realize it spaces wheels out giving wider set up , but why ? Is it necessary to run 28 inch tires or is there some other reason

Reactions: ChadD
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does a wider trac do? I realize it spaces wheels out giving wider set up , but why ? Is it necessary to run 28 inch tires or is there some other reason
For me I wanted them for better stability and for looks. I have the XL mudbusters which stick out a lot. My opinion is that the wider stance with the spacers made it look a little less goofy. Also my back tires started to rub the rear roll cage sometimes. I put new tires, a arms and fox shocks on at around the same time so I'm not sure if one or some of those mods made the tires rub

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!