P1000 Tires

Chelsea_Boy

Chelsea_Boy

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2024
Paw Paw Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ay Ideas as to tires that are smooth on roads, still good for light off roading and will not ... (most important) will not tear up my lawn when driving over it ... even in turf mode and when driving carefully with stock tires

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I wanted for my second set. My Super ATV Intimidators were great for mud and smooth on hard pack, but these were better for street and mild off road. DOT approved 8 ply

I bought Internco Sniper 920's, but looked at
Super Swamper TSL Model SAM-06

Swamper 28x8.50-14 Tire, TSL - SAM-06

I can't remember the brand and model, but there's a SxS tire that's very close in design that many use, I just not able to recall it. It's DOT approved and, I think 8 ply. I guarantee someone will suggest them, soon.

PS.... Just remembered.
TUSK Terrabite

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

anyone try these yet? not spendy and good reviews.​

Forceum MT 08 PLUS Mud Terrain LT27X8.50R14 95Q C Light Truck Tire​

Need a link.

When ot comes to LT tires for a UTV just get what u think looks good for a tread of your liking. There not like a UTV tire.
I ve run Achilles Desert Hawk MT’s for 4 yrs and have been great. Any MT LT shoild
Be fine. Pic your poison.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@someguy1313 heres mine i mentioned. An LT/MT works good in all terrain. A cheep price point Dont make any difference cuz u aint going on the E-Way.
BTW in ur Avitar, where is South East, Detroit? Like Journey says in Dont Stop Believing? 🤣

IMG 0647

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't remember the brand and model, but there's a SxS tire that's very close in design that many use, I just not able to recall it. It's DOT approved and, I think 8 ply. I guarantee someone will suggest them, soon.

PS.... Just remembered.
TUSK Terrabite
20240128 141654

Too much tire weight can also be a thing.. 35.72 # each. 40PSI, mounted.
Tusk Terribite - DOT tire, wear great!
28-10-1435.728 Ply Radial

Last edited:
someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine are very close to that, like 30-35lbs I think🤔 been a while since i weighed them. But the Honda being a DCT and a Snuff Tune its been just fine unless your a penny pincher and gas milage is a big thing 🤣 I DGAF its a UTV if i wanted something good on gas I would have bought a jeep…no it would have broke on trail!
A Bronco.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might want to point out that They are pretty loud on black top compared to a majority of LT/MT’s if thats an issue to some?
LT’s ware great as well. I think its the DOT rating.
Bull s***..
If they were overly loud, I would have mentioned it..
But they are not.

Actually that is one thing I like about them, in that they are pretty quiet for a 3/4 depth off road tread.

Particulary compared to OEM Bighorn 2.0's that are deafening on pavement.

To the Op -
Search reviews on Terrabites from the guys who actually had - have them.

They're not the best tire out there, but work pretty well.

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no reason to question anything posted above, so ☝️.

This has been on my mind for a while and I've been collecting input. I'm two machines into OEM Bighorns where I've replaced the 9" fronts with Bighorns only because I can get a few more miles out of the rears. They're fine, but not ideal for me.

My driving includes street legal on pavement at +55 mph on U.S. highways, white-knuckling through dry white sand, also called sifted flour, for miles at places like Sand Hollow near St. George (you can watch Sand Hollow recovery videos on youtube all day long), and also trying to plow 36" of new snow off a steep dirt driveway. Yes, I want magic flubber tires.

I need to get new tires soon and Terrabytes are on the list.

My add to this thread is that my sheriff and search and rescue buddies in So. Utah deal with full-speed pavement, sand, snow, mud and sharp rocks all the time. They say the Kanati Mongrel 10ply are pretty good. Maybe not the best in snow and mud, but still very good.

Best.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Bull s***..
If they were overly loud, I would have mentioned it..
But they are not.

Actually that is one thing I like about them, in that they are pretty quiet for a 3/4 depth off road tread.

Particulary compared to OEM Bighorn 2.0's that are deafening on pavement.

To the Op -
Search reviews on Terrabites from the guys who actually had - have them.

They're not the best tire out there, but work pretty well.

Simmer down now turbo! 🤣
Im not petitioning that they are a POS tire. Manley cuz I havent had them. My comparison is that compared to an LT/MT tire
Like mine when Ive rode on paved roads to get from point A to B trail with others, there tread is noisier than the LT/MT’s. Had buddies that “have” them even state that their Terribites overpowered mine in road noise thats all.
That said…comparing them to a BiG Horn🤨 in the words of Sleepy Joe..C’Mon Man! 🤣 hard to compare cuz BH’s are in a completely different category here with mondo wide lugs.

So to summarize again, I Never said Terrabites are a bad tire, overly loud and not to buy them just Comparing there noise on black top to an LT or an LT/MT from the experience I ran into If the OP has this on his mind in his choices thats all😉

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!