TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hard to tell from the pictures, but I think your rear shocks are on the wrong sides. Very important to fix it or you will damage your brake lines/a arms.

The reservoirs should be pointing towards the front of the SxS, not the rear. Just need to swap the shocks a you'll be good!

I'm getting the rears ordered for mine too!!!
Looks that way to me too.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for everyone’s input.

I ended up going with the Fox 2.0 Qs3. It rides like a cloud. I did confirm the it is just the stiffer spring in the rear is the main difference but for my use nothing I really need to mess with. I can swap out springs and have reached out to Shock Therapy.

I am waiting on Texas Tough Customs 6 inch long travel kit which wont be ready for almost 2 months and will share that later.

View attachment 406060 View attachment 406061 View attachment 406062 View attachment 406063
Does the TTC lift add 6" of lift or 6" of travel?

S

scafe007

Sep 6, 2023
Austin TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Hard to tell from the pictures, but I think your rear shocks are on the wrong sides. Very important to fix it or you will damage your brake lines/a arms.

The reservoirs should be pointing towards the front of the SxS, not the rear. Just need to swap the shocks and you'll be good!

I'm getting the rears ordered for mine too!!!

Thanks. I noticed that they are backwards after I posted my pics becuase someone else brought up with the comments about them being backwards and having damage etc. super glad i went back to post these pics becuase it ended up saving me a ton of trouble and expense. The sad part is I even had the dealership install the shocks when they did everything else. They put them on backwards. I guess the saying is Trust but ALWAYS verify.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I noticed that they are backwards after I posted my pics becuase someone else brought up with the comments about them being backwards and having damage etc. super glad i went back to post these pics becuase it ended up saving me a ton of trouble and expense. The sad part is I even had the dealership install the shocks when they did everything else. They put them on backwards. I guess the saying is Trust but ALWAYS verify.
I’d be having a talk with said dealership. They owe you a few bucks or their time to make it right.

S

scafe007

Sep 6, 2023
Austin TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Does the TTC lift add 6" of lift or 6" of travel?
I have been told it adds 4.5 inches of lift. It also adds 5 inches on each side of width for total of 10 inches extra width and makes the wheel base 8 inches longer. 3.5 in front and 4.5 in the back for bigger tires.

Reactions: ODAMO and Rayger143
R

rutterbg

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2023
Troy, OH
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew

Good deal! NEVER trust the dealerships 😉. Shocks are one of the easiest replacements, but I'd still let them know they screwed up!!!

Reactions: Rayger143
R

rutterbg

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2023
Troy, OH
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I went with 300lb front springs for my fox shocks on the 1000-6. They seem to be a good weight with no bottoming out this past weekend. With my wife, myself, and 2 kids weighing no more than 120lbs combined, we set the shocks to the softest setting and they did great. I figured as we add more people or heavier people/gear, then we will adjust to medium or firn and it should be good.

With that said, I'm trying to decide on the spring weight for the rear. I went with 300lbs for the front because it seems like on the 1000-5, people like 250lb. So for the rear, people seem to like 300lb on the 1000-5. With that said, I'm thinking 350lb for the rear on my 1000-6. What's everyone's thoughts on that? Trying to avoid buying another set of springs...

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been told it adds 4.5 inches of lift. It also adds 5 inches on each side of width for total of 10 inches extra width and makes the wheel base 8 inches longer. 3.5 in front and 4.5 in the back for bigger tires.
Wow. 10" wider and 8" longer wb makes it as wide as a Jeep JK/JL and longer than a 4 door Jeep. The height would be welcome on the 1000-6 but you would lose what little maneuverability it has. It sounds like it would be super stable but would limit any tight woods use. The spring weights you mention sound like they would work pretty well.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with 300lb front springs for my fox shocks on the 1000-6. They seem to be a good weight with no bottoming out this past weekend. With my wife, myself, and 2 kids weighing no more than 120lbs combined, we set the shocks to the softest setting and they did great. I figured as we add more people or heavier people/gear, then we will adjust to medium or firn and it should be good.

With that said, I'm trying to decide on the spring weight for the rear. I went with 300lbs for the front because it seems like on the 1000-5, people like 250lb. So for the rear, people seem to like 300lb on the 1000-5. With that said, I'm thinking 350lb for the rear on my 1000-6. What's everyone's thoughts on that? Trying to avoid buying another set of springs...
Makes sense unless you plan on packing a lot of weight. I believe @Dirtstiffs-1000 has 350 lb on his 1000-5

Reactions: rutterbg
R

rutterbg

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2023
Troy, OH
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Makes sense unless you plan on packing a lot of weight. I believe @Dirtstiffs-1000 has 350 lb on his 1000-5
Only weight will ever be passengers and some tools. I guess I'll see how it goes!

S

scafe007

Sep 6, 2023
Austin TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
IMG 0138

Finally finished build for now. I ended up going with the box QS three shocks and Texas tub customs, which makes it look pretty awesome. I know I need new tires and rims but kind of tapped out at the moment. Does anyone know if you wentfor now. I ended up going with the box QS three shocks and Texas tub customs, which makes it look pretty awesome. I know I need new tires and rims but kind of tapped out at the moment. Does anyone know what the biggest tire you could go to without causing stress or strain on drivetrain or components etc.? IMG 0137 IMG 0139

R

rutterbg

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2023
Troy, OH
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
View attachment 408603

Finally finished build for now. I ended up going with the box QS three shocks and Texas tub customs, which makes it look pretty awesome. I know I need new tires and rims but kind of tapped out at the moment. Does anyone know if you wentfor now. I ended up going with the box QS three shocks and Texas tub customs, which makes it look pretty awesome. I know I need new tires and rims but kind of tapped out at the moment. Does anyone know what the biggest tire you could go to without causing stress or strain on drivetrain or components etc.? View attachment 408606 View attachment 408607

That looks good and basically what I'm going for! Is it the 6" lift? Also, what axles did you get?

The biggest tires you should get are 30". Anything bigger and you really should get an igr. 30" in my experience ar emore than enough and work great.

I need this TTC lift!

S

scafe007

Sep 6, 2023
Austin TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
why do you say 30 inch versus 32 inch?

To answer your question.

TTC is awesome and Jared was great Super helpful, answered all of my questions, and I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

It is the 6 inch long travel kit. https://www.texastoughcustoms.com/product-page/ttc-6-long-travel-kit-bare-metal

I also got the Cobra Axles or king Cobra Axle level 2 so if I ever went to portals or a super huge tire, I already have the drivetrain, locked and loaded. They also are close to Texas tough customs, which means that they made sure that the axles I got would fit the pioneer perfect. I read too much bad stuff about the boots on the rhinos and such and this company makes some of the best ones that are bulletproof Honda Pioneer/ Pioneer limited Extended Length (level 2)

R

rutterbg

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2023
Troy, OH
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
The 32" put a lot more strain on the drivetrain, especially when under load such as mud or a lot of weight. They're much harder to turn without igr. Plenty of people run 32s, but it's not worth it for my riding personally.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!