sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm damn proud to be a redneck! Hell we live in a Mobil drive a school bus up camping own an old dodge let all our friends park thier Rvs and bikes at the house hang out with our kids and friends all the time shoot lots of guns and drink a lot late at night. What isn't there to be proud about being a redneck!:) We just live on the wrong side of the country is all!
Now all you need to do is to cut your hair into a Kentucky waterfall aka mullett

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher I just love watching you kick into gear man!:) Means something cool is about to sprout.
I can get kind of headstrong on things I guess. There's a way to do anything you can possibly dream up if you have the will and research everything. I don't like being told "that's not possible" or "you shouldn't" because that fuels me. People always say enough money people can do anything-truth is sometimes it just requires some tools and some thought. I've been wanting to do a cargo rack that could hold anything was off of the ground and was solid and stabile for awhile. The other weekend we needed more seating and versatility is as part of us as the pioneer so...With the combination it'll work great for us and comes completely off in 5 minutes. Plus someone told me it wouldn't hold and shouldn't be done but that was someone that doesn't know how we are:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now all you need to do is to cut your hair into a Kentucky waterfall aka mullett
I don't take my hat off very much! But I'll whatever it takes to put a smile on your face...so say the word I'm not against personal humility. You always put a smile on my face so it's only fair

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
That is excellent work. I think the grab bars made the difference. I bet they weren't real easy to fit either.
Need a cup holder for the adult beverages (or it will hold a spit cup for the redneck ladies).
Also, a small chain as a backup in case the "quick release" fails.

How bad is the dust back there?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:) :) it'll have two more grab handles at the top of the factory rear seats that will also help. Each side has enough room for a half rake (for pop of course:)) and I'm looking into "beverage " holders. The way the seat is designed is kind of like a tailgate in front you have to tip the seat way up in the back to install then the back goes down into a square bar so it's like bar inside of a bar with a hole to slid a hitch pin on both sides of the seat. It's got two failsafes already built in. Not sure on dust...we will need mud flaps for sure but will use it with tailgate down so I'm assuming not to bad but we'll see. It's for slow speeds anyway people CANNOT get crazy with this but we all understand that so I guess we'll see. Pretty excited though it's really cozy. Might be great fly fishing in a creek now that the Joey snorkel installed. Test and find out

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 18105 I've had this sitting in my "save for later" Amazon cart for a month now and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger.

Is 53 inches wide which is almost a perfect fit for the 1000. I like the fact that its low and sits flat on the bed because the bench seats sit up too high and if I take a turn too fast, I'm afraid that one of the youngins will go flying off!

It's just kind of pricey for $475 and I'm positive that 2 long cushions would do the same thing!

Anybody out there wants to split it with me, I'll be more than glad to let you sit in it..
Plummer just found this thought you might be interested for the kids:)

Reactions: Plumber101010
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Plummer just found this thought you might be interested for the kids:)View attachment 18232

Absolutely perfect and storage underneath? I love it and $250 cheaper! Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled :)

Doesn't have the dimensions and the only negative is the other one holds 3 for 6 total but this looks so much better

Don't know why I always assumed you should face the rear but after looking at this front facing may be the way to go

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely perfect and storage underneath? I love it and $250 cheaper! Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled :)

Doesn't have the dimensions and the only negative is the other one holds 3 for 6 total but this looks so much better

Don't know why I always assumed you should face the rear but after looking at this front facing may be the way to go
Honestly I found this awhile ago and forgot about it. When I was cleaning out my eBay watch I found it and immediately thought of you because of that pic you because of that one you posted. It seemed reasonable for what it is and would strap easily into a 1000-3 after seeing that pick of 7 people in the front of one (impressive and cool I must say!) @KevinSC might be interested as well!

Reactions: KevinSC
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm damn proud to be a redneck! Hell we live in a Mobil drive a school bus up camping own an old dodge let all our friends park thier Rvs and bikes at the house hang out with our kids and friends all the time shoot lots of guns and drink a lot late at night. What isn't there to be proud about being a redneck!:) We just live on the wrong side of the country is all!
Come on over, we will have you!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you kind sir, I'd love to come over!

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's awesome but I'm still considering the other one because 1000 is a 54 inch wide bed so you got 15 inches of wasted space. It fits perfect in the rhino that they show pictured but there is a lot of gap for the 1000.

The other one I like so much is because it was so wide and fits almost perfect in the bed give or take an inch and I can fit three kids back there. Another advantage is it does mount directly on the floor so the the kids are not sitting up too high, the one above does have a base that raises it.

To complicate things.... They make the one above without the base the does sit flat on the floor which feels safer with the kids but then there's no storage under it :(

Driving me crazy trying to decide because the one that CP shows is just so reasonable for the money it's hard to say no!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's awesome but I'm still considering the other one because 1000 is a 54 inch wide bed so you got 15 inches of wasted space. It fits perfect in the rhino that they show pictured but there is a lot of gap for the 1000.

The other one I like so much is because it was so wide and fits almost perfect in the bed give or take an inch and I can fit three kids back there. Another advantage is it does mount directly on the floor so the the kids are not sitting up too high, the one above does have a base that raises it.

To complicate things.... They make the one above without the base the does sit flat on the floor which feels safer with the kids but then there's no storage under it :(

Driving me crazy trying to decide because the one that CP shows is just so reasonable for the money it's hard to say no!
Buy two!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!