P1000 P1000 stalls when accelerating from a stop

J

JMoore

Nov 30, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will pull them out this evening and check them and spark. I never did it last night. It's not high throttle, its very light application, less than 1/8 pedal.

Reactions: Lady01
D

Dasmoeturhead

How about the ignition coils. I never liked where there located. One could be breaking down. Just a thought. Maybe the wires are loose.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have a pioneer I bought new a year and a half ago, 2017 Model. Only has 1100 miles on it, all in my neighborhood. About a week or two ago i noticed it started stalling when i would give it any amount of throttle from a stop. If you feather it enough, you can get it to go, but it feels like its being held back. I saw the cat started glowing one time. I checked the wires for the injector, couldnt find anything wrong. I have no codes blinking on the dash, ( im assuming if there is a fault it will blink on its own? I havent seen any procedure to pull codes), i burned all the gas out and put some in from a diff tank, same thing. Added seafoam and even some injector cleaner from the dealership I work at, still no fix. Any thoughts? Dealer cant get it in for a week. Thanks guys, lookin forward to some help!!
You said the cat was glowing at one point, maybe its clogged. I know its not common at all for only 1,100 miles bit it might of been defective. Just a thought

J

JMoore

Nov 30, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry, I swear I thought I replied here. Yes, the first gear clutch had come apart. The local dealership fixed it for me under warranty, even though it was expired. I'm guessing there was some extension. I showed up w/ a bottle of Jack and a 12 pack of beer, and its been good since.

Was weird, because my sxs has literally been used around the neighborhood going to and from the pool, and the occasional moving firewood in the bed. Nothing serious off road, and never in 4wd.

Hope it helps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!