P1000 P1000 tires for asphalt

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unfortunately our only local opportunity to ride is primarily on asphalt. The original tires on my 2018 P1000-3 got eaten up very fast, and I had an alignment problem that I'll have fixed when I install new tires. It's difficult to wade through all the good info on this forum, and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on what tires/wheels I might be better off with for riding on asphalt. I'm hoping I'm hoping to keep the cost down to no more that $800, and not to have to worry about the transmission or speedometer due to different sized tires. I hope this is not too reduntant.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately our only local opportunity to ride is primarily on asphalt. The original tires on my 2018 P1000-3 got eaten up very fast, and I had an alignment problem that I'll have fixed when I install new tires. It's difficult to wade through all the good info on this forum, and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on what tires/wheels I might be better off with for riding on asphalt. I'm hoping I'm hoping to keep the cost down to no more that $800, and not to have to worry about the transmission or speedometer due to different sized tires. I hope this is not too reduntant.
Buy some 235 75 15 or maxis makes a 27 LT

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
Anyone running Terrabite's on the stock wheels. I have a LE and would like to run the 28x10x14 s.
Will it work. Pros. Cons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the input. I will sure look closely at the Terrabites. They are on the top of my list. The only other tires that the dealer seems to push is the AMS M1 Evil radials. Any comparisons on one vs. the other?

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would like to order the Terrabites, but where could I take it and trust the alignment? My present tires have been wasted on too much toe-out, and the dealer insists on following the Honda specs which seem to be too much toe for decent tire wear. I'm not sure how complex setting the toe is, but I know that I can't afford tires every 1,200 miles. Can a normal tire store be trusted to make the alignment?

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to order the Terrabites, but where could I take it and trust the alignment? My present tires have been wasted on too much toe-out, and the dealer insists on following the Honda specs which seem to be too much toe for decent tire wear. I'm not sure how complex setting the toe is, but I know that I can't afford tires every 1,200 miles. Can a normal tire store be trusted to make the alignment?
You'll want to have 1/16-1/8" toe IN. It's pretty easy to set. I set the front wheels parallel with the rear wheels by using a string around all four. Adjust each tie rod end until they are parallel with the rear and a 0 toe (I measure front edge and rear edge of wheel to make them the same). Turn each tie rod end the same amount to obtain desired toe in. Pull cap and remove nut to straighten steering wheel as needed.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You'll want to have 1/16-1/8" toe IN. It's pretty easy to set. I set the front wheels parallel with the rear wheels by using a string around all four. Adjust each tie rod end until they are parallel with the rear and a 0 toe (I measure front edge and rear edge of wheel to make them the same). Turn each tie rod end the same amount to obtain desired toe in. Pull cap and remove nut to straighten steering wheel as needed.
Thanks for the info. This is the first time I think I've understood the "string method".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!