P1000 won’t start

P

Possumjohn

Sep 25, 2022
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Over the last month I have been working on deer stands. Twice now I have got ready to go home and after riding on and off I have started SxS and it started but died. I can crank it over but it will not start until I pull to trailer and winch it on and drive home and it will start right up.
Anyone had this problem?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
☝️☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️☝️

P

Possumjohn

Sep 25, 2022
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2019 359 hrs
No lights
Last year i had the same issue.
Honda shop diagnose was a bad battery.
I had serviced and plugs changed and new battery. Never had a issue until a last 4 weeks.
This time I checked the battery and both times the battery voltage has been good. I have it at the Honda dealer now but they called this morning and battery is good and no codes and sxs has not failed for them.
I have noticed the fuel pump doesn’t sound as loud when this problem occurs. I can normally hear it from driver seat when I turn key on but when it has stranded me it hums but I have to raise the seat to hear the pump. I told the shop that when I dropped it off to them but I’m afraid without a code or a machine that fails for them I will be picking up a machine that might make me walk.

Reactions: JenElio
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Have you had your recalls checked?

P

Possumjohn

Sep 25, 2022
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They did a steering recall but to my knowledge never done anything to fuel pump.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does your servicing of deer stands r.equire a lot of starts, with short runs in between? If so, they are prone to fouling plugs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!