P1000 P1000m3 Tube Doors??????

JWM

JWM

Dec 24, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My P1000m3 is equipped with Honda factory full doors which I like very much in the spring, fall and winter.
I would like to have a set of tube/half doors that hinge the same way (hinges at the rear of the cab) as my factory full doors.
Any ideas???.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My P1000m3 is equipped with Honda factory full doors which I like very much in the spring, fall and winter.
I would like to have a set of tube/half doors that hinge the same way (hinges at the rear of the cab) as my factory full doors.
Any ideas???.
Ive been meaning to fab up some suicide tube doors but just havent had time.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is base model i already make and sell.
1003181055b

JWM

JWM

Dec 24, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@knuckledeep makes some really nice doors as well. I wouldnt hesitate for a second recommending him to someone.
I am very interested in getting a pair and would would like to talk to one or both of you fellas.

DavidCarroll

DavidCarroll

Nov 22, 2018
conyers ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hey guys, i'm looking for a driver side half door for my p1000-5. it came with the full doors but i'm in a wheelchair and needed to take it off because it does not open far enough for me to do a transfer from my chair to the front seat. any ideas?
i've looked for half doors but to no avail. plus mine is set up for the full door and i dont have the front hardware for the doors your showing. i'd love one with the hardware and door included?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hey guys, i'm looking for a driver side half door for my p1000-5. it came with the full doors but i'm in a wheelchair and needed to take it off because it does not open far enough for me to do a transfer from my chair to the front seat. any ideas?
i've looked for half doors but to no avail. plus mine is set up for the full door and i dont have the front hardware for the doors your showing. i'd love one with the hardware and door included?
You should be able to piece together a factory Honda door from any online OEM parts dealer.
Knowing you said you were in a wheel chair, is it safe to think you would be putting a fair amount of body weight on the door while entering or exiting your machine?
If so, get ahold of @Delton or @knuckledeep and chat with them on their options.
If you want a tube door as pictured above, that is @Delton
If you want a solid door as pictured above, that is @knuckledeep

DavidCarroll

DavidCarroll

Nov 22, 2018
conyers ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should be able to piece together a factory Honda door from any online OEM parts dealer.
Knowing you said you were in a wheel chair, is it safe to think you would be putting a fair amount of body weight on the door while entering or exiting your machine?
If so, get ahold of @Delton or @knuckledeep and chat with them on their options.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What exactly do you mean by "half door"?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What exactly do you mean by "half door"?
@Delton from what I gathered, this gentleman was not given the factory doors when he got his machine. It has the full size solid ($2500) doors on it. The doors are an obstacle when he transfers from his wheelchair to the seat. I thought half doors meant the Honda ones, but figure your or Justins doors might support his body weight a little better getting in and out.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton from what I gathered, this gentleman was not given the factory doors when he got his machine. It has the full size solid ($2500) doors on it. The doors are an obstacle when he transfers from his wheelchair to the seat. I thought half doors meant the Honda ones, but figure your or Justins doors might support his body weight a little better getting in and out.
Okay gotcha. Having not owned full doors like he has i couldnt wrap my small brain around what a half door was lol

Reactions: DavidCarroll
DavidCarroll

DavidCarroll

Nov 22, 2018
conyers ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
and remember my doors hinge from the back and latch at the front. the whole problem is that they don't swing away enough for me to fit between the door and seat. so i removed the door and i can pull up the seat and slide over into the seat. i would like a tube door that swings out of the way and closes to keep me safe.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
and remember my doors hinge from the back and latch at the front. the whole problem is that they don't swing away enough for me to fit between the door and seat. so i removed the door and i can pull up the seat and slide over into the seat. i would like a tube door that swings out of the way and closes to keep me safe.
Your machine should still have the threaded holes in the A pillar for regular doors. You would simply bolt on the door from our members above, transfer latch from hard door. And you have a reg set of doors. Might be easier to purchase a spare latch though and leave it installed on the 1/2 door.

DavidCarroll

DavidCarroll

Nov 22, 2018
conyers ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i noticed the holes on the a pillars and hopefully will get a door. i think I'll have to buy a latch due to the solid full doors are enclosed and i don't wan to mess them up. i contacted my dealer on Friday and the shot me an estimate for 1800 for both doors, whew!!!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i noticed the holes on the a pillars and hopefully will get a door. i think I'll have to buy a latch due to the solid full doors are enclosed and i don't wan to mess them up. i contacted my dealer on Friday and the shot me an estimate for 1800 for both doors, whew!!!
That is absurd!
I'd trade you straight up mine for yours lol!

Either member above should get you sorted away.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!