P1000 P1k3 vs P1k5

L

Logdog10

Apr 11, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anybody have trouble on their 5s with the rear roll bar and/or roof getting in the way of hauling? I think a 3 would better suit my needs but 5s are more readily available (if there is such a thing nowadays).

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
3 has slightly bigger box. 5 has additional doors which sometimes makes unloading easier, and door cubbies give a little extra. Honestly even if I didn’t have people in back I’d still choose the 5. They do haul quite a bit

9D2D9B4F 35A7 48F1 AAF0 C7EA01BAA993

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
3 has slightly bigger box. 5 has additional doors which sometimes makes unloading easier, and door cubbies give a little extra. Honestly even if I didn’t have people in back I’d still choose the 5. They do haul quite a bit

View attachment 311542
Nice pic
I burn wood from my 40 Acres for heat.
I was about to say "Holy s***, that's a load of wood!"
Until I looked at where you are at. HaHa, Ok, still a good load of wood.
But, no way in hell could I load mine up that way.
Unless, I wanted to break my suspension, and blow out my tires. :)
My wood is all hard wood, oak, ash, butternut, and still some elm.
4 or 5 good sized rounds like you cut, and that would be it..........maybe....haha
And......the older you get, you learn NOT to cut SHI...Stuff that big!
Have a good day

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
4 or 5 good sized rounds like you cut, and that would be it..........maybe....haha
Well, it's rated for 1,000# payload, so your 4 or 5 good sized rounds would have to be 200# to 250# each before you'd have to worry about that.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 5 seater and turned it into a 3 i did it for resale value.At the time it was 600 more i could of sold the rear cage many times for 600 i have not yet.I didnt want the roof over the back and didnt want to walk around the cage all the time.I still have the option to haul people back their if needed never trail riding.I didnt want to try to heat that much room. I did buy a nice mat that is lipped up about 1 inch all the way around to keep the crud out of the seats.Plus it gives you storage under the bed both sides but has to be in water tight containers.Thats my take

advertisement
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like my 3. I like the open bed. I rarely need to haul more than one person and the dog. The dif in the size of the bed isn’t really noticeable. Cost more to cover and enclose the 5 but I think you can just do the front if you choose for the same cost as the 3.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You see way more people who own the 3 seat asking to upgrade to the 5 seat.
Hardly never see anyone wanting to go from a 5 to a 3.
However, there have been a bunch remove the rear cage.
I started to do this and had the P3 roof installed, had all my gear in the back, it got totally soaked, bought the P5 roof and a lot better.

Reactions: Logdog10 and Lady01
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the 5 mainly because I wanted to be able to take my wife and kids with and I like that both the 3 and 5 passenger machines are the same size. Not super long like other 4 passenger machines. The trails I ride that wouldnt work. I have hauled a variety of stuff with mine, tools, firewood, whitetail bucks, and never had an issue with the rear bars. Maybe i just got used to them being there. I think even if I didnt haul passengers I still would have bought the 5. I think the 3s look funny without the rear bars. Just my 2 cents, best of luck!

M

mshaken13

Jan 25, 2022
west Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice pic
I burn wood from my 40 Acres for heat.
I was about to say "Holy s***, that's a load of wood!"
Until I looked at where you are at. HaHa, Ok, still a good load of wood.
But, no way in hell could I load mine up that way.
And......the older you get, you learn NOT to cut SHI...Stuff that big!
Have a good day
yea i bent my rear suspension loading oak like that even had some on top now my rear tires are toe in and wear the rear tire .