P1000m3 P3_Fabric Rear Panel

• Thread starter BlueCollarGuy7007
  • Start date
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Wondering if anyone else has purchased the fabric rear panel? I did during this past hunting season to help combat the plume of dust that rolls in during my 6 mile round trip commute to my hunting spots on dry dirt roads as well as a little extra wind blockage during colder morning rides. I am pleased w/ it for the most part, the hard rear may be better but was not ready to part w/ $500'ish for it.
My only concern was for the commute home after season w/ the machine on the trailer, would the fabric panel survive the wind @ freeway speeds? I did take the time to remove it for the drive home but have returned for a work weekend & did not take the time to reinstall it but wished I had of a couple of times while on the trail. Anyone that has one & has made spent some time on the freeway w/ it would be interested in your feedback.
Thanks..

2016_P1000_3

Reactions: sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unzip the window and roll it up and it will be fine. Ran 75mph. with mine, no problem.
Roll mine up every time its on the trailer. Jave more than 10 trips with it like that at freeway speeds. It mifht not be needed but xheaper than replacement

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Glad to hear the positive feed back & suggestions that will be put into use. Thanks for the reply's!!

Reactions: sharp
D

Destinbeachman

Jul 11, 2016
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The snorkel works great. I was out over the weekend and had it up to the dash through a clear stream. I'm happy with it.

Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My back cover came undone while traveling and it tore to pieces before I noticed it. I would suggest tie it up tight with rope or something other than the snaps it comes with and I think you would be fine.

Reactions: BlueCollarGuy7007
J

JTW

My back cover came undone while traveling and it tore to pieces before I noticed it. I would suggest tie it up tight with rope or something other than the snaps it comes with and I think you would be fine.
Do you have a windshield? Was it the mid or rear panel?

Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Window was in. If it unrolls, I think you would have a problem. I bought a new one for the dust problem and put bungees around it and roll cage to keep it rolled up tight.

Reactions: BlueCollarGuy7007
advertisement
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas

Thanks for the note on that. Thinking may a bungee cord or 2 maybe.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!