P500 P5 finally arrived

S

Shive

I picked mine up Tuesday. We just got back from Arizona and it hadn't come in yet so we didn't get to ride it there. I guess we'll have to go back.
I just put 26x9x12 Carlisle versa trails on all four corners to stay at 50". It measures 50 1/8 up front and 49 1/2 in the back. I could have gone with 11's in the back, but I want to be able to rotate them since I ride a lot on asphalt. Stock rims and no spacers. Clearance on the fronts is fine. Honda windshield and soft top. The bed came off of a mid 90's EZ go. I need to make some sort of tailgate for it, but it's ready to go aside from the powder coaters. Also installed a glove box and I made a storage space under the hood with a sheet of polyethelyne.

20190315 160432 20190315 160454 20190315 160523 20190315 161247

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks nice. 26x9 is a great size for the 500. Those tires look pretty nice. First time I’ve seen them installed on a machine. Put some miles on and report back!

The factory front rims are not the same as the rears. If u want to rotate, you’ll need to get rims that are all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I picked mine up Tuesday. We just got back from Arizona and it hadn't come in yet so we didn't get to ride it there. I guess we'll have to go back.
I just put 26x9x12 Carlisle versa trails on all four corners to stay at 50". It measures 50 1/8 up front and 49 1/2 in the back. I could have gone with 11's in the back, but I want to be able to rotate them since I ride a lot on asphalt. Stock rims and no spacers. Clearance on the fronts is fine. Honda windshield and soft top. The bed came off of a mid 90's EZ go. I need to make some sort of tailgate for it, but it's ready to go aside from the powder coaters. Also installed a glove box and I made a storage space under the hood with a sheet of polyethelyne.

View attachment 115114 View attachment 115115 View attachment 115116 View attachment 115117
Great unit and based on the thread, you are excited! I am curious, what make/model ezgo bed did you use and could you post a few additional pictures of it?

Reactions: Shive and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Look
Great unit and based on the thread, you are excited! I am curious, what make/model ezgo bed did you use and could you post a few additional pictures of it?
Looks Good!

Reactions: Shive
S

Shive

I got it out of a dumpster at the college I worked for. I'm just guessing since they had ez go carts at one time. I'll post more pics after its been powder coated.

Reactions: 500oneer and Mudder
S

Shive

Looks nice. 26x9 is a great size for the 500. Those tires look pretty nice. First time I’ve seen them installed on a machine. Put some miles on and report back!

The factory front rims are not the same as the rears. If u want to rotate, you’ll need to get rims that are all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it's time to rotate I'll just remount them. I have a good friend that has tire mounting equipment. It only takes a half hour.

Reactions: DaveM47
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I got it out of a dumpster at the college I worked for. I'm just guessing since they had ez go carts at one time. I'll post more pics after its been powder coated.
Can you measure the length and width and post those numbers? Reason for asking, there are several beds out there, but finding a nice match for the P500 is highly desired by many....

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500

What is the difference between front and rear?
If it is only the "offset" could I use spacers on the one pair of wheels when they are mounted on the 'wrong" axles?
I like the idea of being able to rotate my tyres but dislike the thought of spending money on alloy wheels.

Reactions: Gassygordo
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What is the difference between front and rear?
If it is only the "offset" could I use spacers on the one pair of wheels when they are mounted on the 'wrong" axles?
I like the idea of being able to rotate my tyres but dislike the thought of spending money on alloy wheels.

I can’t remember exactly, but I think maybe the rear wheels are an inch or two wider, and the offset is slightly different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

Shive

Can you measure the length and width and post those numbers? Reason for asking, there are several beds out there, but finding a nice match for the P500 is highly desired by many....
It measures 44 x 31. The size is almost perfect. There are several that measure 41 or 42 wide for various applications but none 44" that I have found online. I think a 42" would look fine. You can find them in aluminum and steel reasonably priced that fit Yamaha, Club car and EZ go.

Last edited:
S

Shive

Got it back from the powder coaters. I had them use semi gloss black to hide some of the dings in the bed. I mounted it on a sheet of poly I had laying around to eliminate vibration.

20190320 121737 20190320 121831

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!