P500 P5 stalling issue

Jkentj

Jkentj

Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Got a problem with my 2015 P5. When the engine is fully warmed up, the engine wants to die if you try to sit and idle. Also stalls frequently when it is dropped into gear or when you first step on the gas from a dead stop. I originally thought this was due to water in the fuel. I drained the fuel and replaced with fresh gas that was treated, and I thought the problem was fixed. However on a long ride this weekend the symptoms have returned. Anyone else have experience with this type of issue?

J

JTW

What's the plug look like?

Have you checked compression?

Did you happen to check the gas tank vent line?

How about the air intake line?

Fuel filter?

Jkentj

Jkentj

Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
What's the plug look like?

Have you checked compression?

Did you happen to check the gas tank vent line?

How about the air intake line?

Fuel filter?
I'm working my way thru that list. The plug looks a little too white I think. Like maybe it's running lean. Where are gas tank vent line and fuel filter located?

J

JTW

I'm working my way thru that list. The plug looks a little too white I think. Like maybe it's running lean. Where are gas tank vent line and fuel filter located?
Vent is hose on top of tank.. not sure on fuel filter..

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Are idle RPMs correct? Also does sound like too lean or fuel filter issue.

Jkentj

Jkentj

Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Are idle RPMs correct? Also does sound like too lean or fuel filter issue.
It doesn't seem to strangle or run out of steam when under hard acceleration or hillclimbing, and the idle seems about right, right up until it abruptly dies.

T

Tkirkley

May 6, 2018
S.C.
Ownership

1. 500
I'm having the exact same issue. It only does it when warm, if I let is sit for 30 to 60 seconds it will run fine short time and then start doing it again. It runs fine if kept above an idle.