P500 P500 3rd seat?

W

wpsfan

Jul 31, 2018
STL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a SxS for the family. We have a toddler that I'd like to ride up front with us, so not really looking to go the 4 seater route. I've narrowed it down to the P500 and RZR 570. With the RZR you can buy a bump seat for the middle that I've read works great. I've yet to see one of these for the P500, but did see a youtube vid of someone swapping RZR seats and the bump seat in their P500, so I guess that could work..

Is anyone aware of another 3rd seat option for the P500? Due to not finding many options I'm leaning toward the RZR, which I'm very hesitant about because purchasing a Polaris is something I said I'd never do, due to reliability. Any info at all is appreciated!

Reactions: 100Acre
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Very Questionable room for adequate child safety restraint in P500 as it can get bouncy,...IMO. Know you are not interested in a 4 seater, but how long do you plan on keeping the machine as the toddler gets bigger. Not to discourage you, and hopefully someone who has done it can offer better advice. JMO, but would go 4 seater 1000, for the money spent on P500 mods, could have had a bigger machine. But P500 suits my current needs for just wife and I, but would add a 1000 in a heartbeat for safety if grand daughter lived nearby.

Also, what type of trail terrain and riding style would you do? 50 inch restricted trails or not? Good luck and Welcome to the Forum, honest feedback here.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a SxS for the family. We have a toddler that I'd like to ride up front with us, so not really looking to go the 4 seater route. I've narrowed it down to the P500 and RZR 570. With the RZR you can buy a bump seat for the middle that I've read works great. I've yet to see one of these for the P500, but did see a youtube vid of someone swapping RZR seats and the bump seat in their P500, so I guess that could work..

Is anyone aware of another 3rd seat option for the P500? Due to not finding many options I'm leaning toward the RZR, which I'm very hesitant about because purchasing a Polaris is something I said I'd never do, due to reliability. Any info at all is appreciated!
Welcome to the forum! IMO neither are suited to a third person in the front. Drive a 1000, even if the 5K difference is daunting, you’ll find a way to make it happen. :D:D

Reactions: 100Acre and Mudder
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Take your crew to the dealers and the three of you set in each of your choices and see what you think about the space you have .
I take two grand daughters (6&8)in my Pioneer 500 and it's tight .
The three of us don't really fit in my RZR 900 trail (same size as the rzr 570) BUT if you have to be 50" the Pioneer will do . If not do yourself a favor and get a Pioneer 1000 . Fits three SAFELY .
When we do three in the Pioneer the girls both wear the rh seat belt and we go slow around my property .

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@iowaguy made a rear seat for his grandkids but I'm not thinking a toddler. Seriously consider a 700 or 1000. AND.....:rolleyes:
Y5uhuqej

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and welcome to the forum...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!