Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer500s i ARC

The latest buzz in the world of SxS has nothing to do with Honda's newly released flagship model, the Pioneer 1000-LE. Instead, to fully understand the WIDE direction this company is taking, you'll need to think a little smaller... again!

When it comes to Powersports, few companies match Honda's innovation. Three years ago, Honda sent a minor shock wave through the SxS community, when it announced the Honda Pioneer 500. In a UTV market bloated with heavyweights, Honda took a refreshing step and went an opposite direction. Borrowing technology from the most reliable Honda ATV on the planet, the Honda Foreman, Honda produced a smaller SxS based on the ATV frame. It's this re-engineering formula that produced an entry level UTV -truly a Pioneer!

Honda is at it again when it announced plans for the 2018 Honda Pioneer 500-S. Details are limited, but it seems that the 50" wide Pioneer gets a BIG upgrade when it comes to passenger payload. With expandable passenger occupancy, the Pioneer 500-S can go from a 2 seater - "side x side", to a 3 seater - "side x side x side" when you need it to, and on the fly thanks to its new I-ARC system.

[parsehtml]<script src="//z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=466d09cc-55e8-4da3-80d8-6b792ce355db"></script>[/parsehtml]The innovation behind Honda's P500-S is the Intelligent Advanced Ready Car (I-ARC) system, which allows for an extra passenger to sit down, strap up, and venture on! When unused, the I-ARC remains neatly tucked away above the cargo bed. However, when a 3rd passenger is required, I-ARC springs into action, allowing for extra room when you need it

Obviously, Honda has a game plan for building on the Pioneer 500 product line for future offerings.

"As successful as the Pioneer 500 has become on the trails, we knew giving an option for 3rd person seating would be good for Pioneer 500 ownership without driving the cost up, to say, Pioneer 700 - 4 seater prices," said Wayne Lambert (Honda Side-by-Side Market Planning).

When asked about the inspiration behind the 3 seater, Wayne admits, "I've been on rides and needed a 3rd seat to give a fellow rider a lift back to camp. Not everyone drives a Honda you know, and sometimes I feel bad for those guys."

When asked about pricing and availability, Wayne added,
"Pricing has yet to be announced but Honda is committed to affordability. You are going to be very surprised of Honda this year!"

[parsehtml]<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- responsive-above-content -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-4658612397455477"
data-ad-slot="1691402657"
data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>[/parsehtml]Available in Red, Green, Blue, and Honda Phantom Camo
MSRP: TBD

Pioneer500s Green Pioneer500s red Pioneer500s blue

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Boy that sure looks handy........I've been thinking about building a trailer with seats for passengers. Honda innovation has completely surpassed my idea. I never thought of having a side car so the passengers can see where we're going! I'll be selling my 700 for one of these rigs when they hit the market.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Front hitch mount available April 1. Best used for snorkeling.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!