Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Getting this started now. I plan on offering a group ride catering more to the 50" P500 series Pioneers at the Takeover like I did in 2017 & 2018 events.

Just posting here to test the participation interest. @lee

Link to 2018 thread for background information.

Would likely run trails in Western Royal Blue and New River Unit for 2022 as they have them marked and working on them regularly now.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hopefully not 🤣 @trigger

Screenshot 20211202 092712 Chrome

S

Steve Carden

Oct 25, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
Getting this started now. I plan on offering a group ride catering more to the 50" P500 series Pioneers at the Takeover like I did in 2017 & 2018 events.

Would likely run trails in Western Royal Blue and New River Unit for 2022 as they have them marked and working on them regularly now.
Have you settled on a date?

Reactions: Smitty335
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@JACKAL we should add a poll, Friday or Saturday.
I'm for Friday, later in the week the higher the probability some one dares me to run Tackett Creek or go down Devils Elbow and somthing bad happens like the Mighty P500 gets a flat tire or somthing.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
For those that are on the fence...
Jackal knows these trails like the back of his hand, you'll cover more ground and see more POI than you will setting out on your own. You'll also be riding with a group of seasoned 500 riders that know the limits and capabilities of that machine. Many of us have ridden together before and are a great bunch of people. Get into a pickle and chances are someone will be helping you before you can get out of the machine. I carry more gear and recovery equipment than a fire truck so chances are if you need it I'll have it. Guarantee there'll be friends and memories made... and stories to tell.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For those that are on the fence...
Jackal knows these trails like the back of his hand, you'll cover more ground and see more POI than you will setting out on your own. You'll also be riding with a group of seasoned 500 riders that know the limits and capabilities of that machine. Many of us have ridden together before and are a great bunch of people. Get into a pickle and chances are someone will be helping you before you can get out of the machine. I carry more gear and recovery equipment than a fire truck so chances are if you need it I'll have it. Guarantee there'll be friends and memories made... and stories to tell.
So true!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL we should add a poll, Friday or Saturday.
I'm for Friday, later in the week the higher the probability some one dares me to run Tackett Creek or go down Devils Elbow and something bad happens like the Mighty P500 gets a flat tire or something.

I would say a Friday 06/10/2022 afternoon ride would be good, If we can head out about noon or a little after can head West to the outer Royal Blue / New River trails that have been recently marked. Some good challenging trails (especially for 50" class machines) yet shouldn't risk tearing anything up. Ideally would be rolling back in just before dark on a Friday afternoon run, still a 60 mile 7 hr ride approx.

If this works for most of you let me know.

UNRELATED SIDE NOTE:

On Thursday 06/09/2022, any Early Birds that want to check out Brushy Mountain Prison and other scenery far southwest from campgrounds, I will likely take anyone that wants to go. Figure all day ride Leave 9AM return 6-7PM probably 110 miles total from RRB campgrounds.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I would say a Friday 06/10/2022 afternoon ride would be good, If we can head out about noon or a little after can head West to the outer Royal Blue / New River trails that have been recently marked. Some good challenging trails (especially for 50" class machines) yet shouldn't risk tearing anything up. Ideally would be rolling back in just before dark on a Friday afternoon run, still a 60 mile 7 hr ride approx.

If this works for most of you let me know.

UNRELATED SIDE NOTE:

On Thursday 06/09/2022, any Early Birds that want to check out Brushy Mountain Prison and other scenery far southwest from campgrounds, I will likely take anyone that wants to go. Figure all day ride Leave 9AM return 6-7PM probably 110 miles total from RRB campgrounds.
You're probably not going to have much buy-in from people by hosting these rides a week before Takeover even starts. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Backwoods
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You're probably not going to have much buy-in from people by hosting these rides a week before Takeover even starts. ;)
That's to weed out the trailer queen KRX luving non hackers that only dream about serving in my beloved Honda Corps.

Dates corrected, stand easy.....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just remember it gets easier from here. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Except for rain, fog, people running street tires in the mountains, etc. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Some equipment choices were not optimal for my "gravel road" ride.

RichUSAF

RichUSAF

Oct 9, 2018
New York State
Ownership

1. 500

I will be arriving late Thursday, but a Friday ride would be great.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!