P500 accessories recommended

S

Santa

Jul 30, 2018
Kimberly, WI
Ownership

1. 500
You will love your P500. I am 76 years old owning a 2017 and have ridden it over 7000 miles. I have the Extreme Metal Products (EMP) Aluminum roof $250, EMP Hard Coat windshield $200 - still clear even using Windex, Walker Evans Shocks $1200 and worth every penny if you want a quality ride, Tusk vinyl back windshield - a back windshield is important, a winch which I have never used, a hand operated golf cart windshield wiper about $20 - I consider that a must for safety, Choog glove box, Strongmade luggage box and a few other goodies such as a horn, stick stoppers, LED auxiliary light. I don't feel the need for power steering or a torque locker although some owners wouldn't be without it. I find the seat to be quite comfortable and most of my rides here in Northeaster Wisconsin are 120-180 miles in a day. I don't see the need for any additional seat cushion. Sometimes my left leg gets cramped due to limited legroom on the left floor board, so I just bungee ball the driver's door open and dangle my leg out the door when it needs a change of place. Good luck and have fun accessorizing. I repeat, you will LOVE riding your P500.

500isforHubby

Sep 12, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Might wanna try elka shocks- might be less of a wait.. 5+2 12in rims with 26in radial tires. See if your dealer will install superatv power steering- a must have imo. Kfi winch Mount is a good, easy install and probably work with your existing winch. If u get a full front windshield you’re gonna need a rear one for the dust.
Enjoy and guuud lock!
Thank you. I looked online at wheels yesterday but got confused by the offsets, bolt patterns, this that and most everything. Do you think with a 26 inch, we will still be able to get in 75 inch trailer opening?

Reactions: Backwoods

500isforHubby

Sep 12, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You will love your P500. I am 76 years old owning a 2017 and have ridden it over 7000 miles. I have the Extreme Metal Products (EMP) Aluminum roof $250, EMP Hard Coat windshield $200 - still clear even using Windex, Walker Evans Shocks $1200 and worth every penny if you want a quality ride, Tusk vinyl back windshield - a back windshield is important, a winch which I have never used, a hand operated golf cart windshield wiper about $20 - I consider that a must for safety, Choog glove box, Strongmade luggage box and a few other goodies such as a horn, stick stoppers, LED auxiliary light. I don't feel the need for power steering or a torque locker although some owners wouldn't be without it. I find the seat to be quite comfortable and most of my rides here in Northeaster Wisconsin are 120-180 miles in a day. I don't see the need for any additional seat cushion. Sometimes my left leg gets cramped due to limited legroom on the left floor board, so I just bungee ball the driver's door open and dangle my leg out the door when it needs a change of place. Good luck and have fun accessorizing. I repeat, you will LOVE riding your P500.
Thank you. I wondered if I could get by with the vinyl back window...

Reactions: Backwoods
Fruitz101

Fruitz101

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you. I looked online at wheels yesterday but got confused by the offsets, bolt patterns, this that and most everything. Do you think with a 26 inch, we will still be able to get in 75 inch trailer opening?
5+2 offset. 4/110 bolt pattern. A lot of people run Itp steelwheels at this offset and like them.( it’s a solid, ‘inexpensive’ rim) Yes, If u get the EMP Aluminum roof as suggested by others you will have 2-3in to spare with 26in tires. I and many others like maxxis bighorn 2.0’s but if ur riding sharp rocks all the time u might want something more strinnngent. 26x9x12’s in front and 26x11x12’s in rear, tire combination, is the easiest without messing with spacers..

Last edited:
Fruitz101

Fruitz101

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
5+2 offset. 4/110 bolt pattern. A lot of people run Itp steelwheels at this offset and like them.( it’s a solid, ‘inexpensive’ rim) Yes, If u get the EMP Aluminum roof as suggested by others you will have 2-3in to spare with 26in tires. I and many others like maxxis bighorn 2.0’s but if ur riding sharp rocks all the time u might want something more strinnngent. 26x9x12’s in front and 26x11x12’s in rear, tire combination, is the easiest without messing with spacers..
One like, fellow Honda sxs ers?? Thx trigger, you’re the best

Reactions: trigger

500isforHubby

Sep 12, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks

Reactions: crewcabrob

500isforHubby

Sep 12, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've put $ down with local dealer for a Pioneer 500. Hope to get it before Christmas, but should expect Spring. Will be used by my 80 years young husband. It's time to give up his 2014 Honda rancher 420 5 speed for the back support of a SxS. Better to ask forgiveness than permission. 😇
I realize I'm looking at another couple of thousand for accessories. However, I would like to keep it so we can still afford groceries. We ride on SE Idaho mountain trails and old logging roads mostly. DUST and rocky trails are the norm, sometimes steep.
Where do I find a reasonably priced real glass windshield? Or do the treated "scratch resistant" windshields really stay clear if you clean them correctly?
What do I need to do to modify/add to make the most comfortable ride for a bumpy terrain? Shocks? Adjustments to original equipment? Seat cushions?
Will most aftermarket hard roofs only add a couple of inches to the overall height? Our existing enclosed trailer has a 75" opening.
Thank you for any and all suggestions!
UPDATE: thank you ALL for your input. I was able to find a used 2015 with only 139 miles on it through a friend of a friend. It had windshield, soft roof, front bumper already. I have the W.E. shocks on order. The back window/dust shield arrived yesterday. His wheels and tires came today. He went with 27 inch tires and we are able to fit the enclosed trailer. I made/finished his back cushions this morning (pain in the a..) and found
0924211241b HDR
bottom patio cushions online that fit perfectly. What we saved buying used almost pays for all the add ons. So excited for him! And T- bones, NY Strip and rib eyes are all back on the grocery list. Thanks again for all your advice!!
0924211214a HDR

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Walker Evans shocks made a HUGE difference. Next 26" tires. Trigger shield for heat. Probably going to order power steering. Congrats and have fun? What a great supportive spouse you are!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!