P500 and P700 should swap drive trains.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I am really considering trading my '03 Rincon for a sxs. I've looked at the P500 and really like the concept of it. Compact, simple, paddle shift, etc. I just think that it's power train is not in the correct chassis. I think that the P700 and P500 should swap power trains.

The P700's engine/trans. was originally designed for the Rincon as a "sport/utility" power train. The Rincon was never designed for heavy pulling, but rather trail/recreation. The P700's chassis would probably benefit from the P500's engine/trans. with having a low gear. The 500 power train was sourced from the Foreman ATV line, which has a history of being a true workhorse. I'd like to see the 700/3-speed in the P500's chassis with a selectable manual paddle shift mode, or an auto mode like the Rincon has. Just my opinion, anyone else agree or disagree?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I agree. Be fun to put a full Rincon system in the 500 chassis and allow the paddles to work with a flip of a switch or fully auto for just cruising around.

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
That would have been a great idea. I think that was what many thought was going to happen. Honda makes the best auto tranny in the industry and yet they chose not to use one in the 500. I would have been happy to see either the Rincon (which would have likely been the best fit for this part of the market) or the Rubicon tranny. Having the manual option would have given the operator the best of both worlds.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!