500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
500 won’t start and the engine light is blinking 6 long and 4 short. Screen wouldnt turn off til I disconnect the ground. When I put the ground back on it did nothing but the screen would shut off. Then about 15 minutes later it tried to start but was weak. Battery is new and it just came from an engine out stator replacement a month ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
besides pics cuz u may be asking for a friend... basics for now

year, mileage, hammered, swamped, etc. - u have since new

so did it run since stator replaced? why did stator get replaced?

battery load test or as he said above - put a charger on it

you ever see smoke from the wiring

check all grounds and cables

then - hate to say it all connectors\main wiring around where engine came out

always more to the story

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I took the key out of it and the screen was still on. I run it everyday. 15,600 miles no water or mud problems. The machine is still in the field. I haven’t got it towed in yet to look again at it. Dealer did the engine out stator replacement. Battery is 12.2 volts with the charger on now. 30 fuse is good. Bat is only charging to 12.7 and it won’t try to start.

Last edited:
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Called the dealer he said the codes were voltage related. i took half a day to get the voltage up to 13. Still wouldnt try. Then a couple taps from mr hammer on the starter and she fired up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!