P500 P500 in truck bed pics?

W

WillB

May 29, 2017
Churchill,Ontario
What is the shortest bed the P500 wil fit in?

Would love to see pics.

What about trailers? Whats the smallest?

Thanks.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I just googled it and there's a bunch of pix

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Here's mine using the Ironman. Did this so I could pull the travel trailer as well. Might be for only this year though as I'm now looking at a toy hauler. So I'll probably sell this gizmo even after modifying it. Also have some DG Tailgate supports that I never used that I'll probably peddle as well.
Loaded Side

D

Deleted member 3748

Here's mine using the Ironman. Did this so I could pull the travel trailer as well. Might be for only this year though as I'm now looking at a toy hauler. So I'll probably sell this gizmo even after modifying it. Also have some DG Tailgate supports that I never used that I'll probably peddle as well.
View attachment 45401
I'm interested in your ramps and tailgate supports. But not the gizmo.

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
20160729 094249

GMC longbox....all of the "STOMPER"....FITS in bed....
That's how we Roll.... Dust & All......

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

There's one! Scoured the web last year looking for a pic of someone hauling a trailer with any sxs in the bed and couldn't find one. You may be the first. I have a power jack on mine that would hit the tailgate so I couldn't do what you're doing. How close is your crank under that tailgate?

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I miss my 8' bed. Thought the 6.75' would be fine but it's a PITA.
I did...2 of them...
price to go longbox....
few $ more....but..no more
loading...weight...pulling
problems....
GMC...saved the Day....
hehehehe,,,,

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I put an 8" extension on the hitch, that gives me plenty of room at the jack.
You are aware...that an
extender...takes away 1/3
...of your tounge weight...
wasn't a problem....when I used mine..
but just sayin...

S

Shaggy

May 19, 2017
Pasadena mad
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 8' bed f350 dually. The p5 goes in but I can not shut my tail gate either. As far as I am concerned it does not fit in the bed of a full size truck as advertised. I am pretty disappointed. The main reason I wanted a 50" sxs was to be able to take the sxs and tow my travel trailer behind the truck with tail gate on it

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 8' bed f350 dually. The p5 goes in but I can not shut my tail gate either. As far as I am concerned it does not fit in the bed of a full size truck as advertised. I am pretty disappointed. The main reason I wanted a 50" sxs was to be able to take the sxs and tow my travel trailer behind the truck with tail gate on it
Can you close it enough to loop the cables over the strike posts and hold it up that way? It should allow plenty of space to hook up a trailer then

S

Shaggy

May 19, 2017
Pasadena mad
Ownership

1. 500
Yes,I was planing on doing something like that to make it work. I just have to improvise I guess. We are going to Tennessee (brimstone) from out side of Baltimore next week and I am diffenitly not leaving it home.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
My tailgate...closes 3/4 of the way...
have deflated my tires...to close it...
or I have removed the tailgate..
I believe...the P5 length is 102"....
Stock....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!