Hunts with dogs

Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2021
South Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Hi everyone
Hope all is good with you and yours

I just bought a 2017 p500 I think I got a good deal at $6k but it needs some work which I’m going to try and do myself

I had some rookie questions maybe you could help or dorect me to the threads where the questions have already been answered?

Thanks ahead of time

1. The seller said the front breaks need calipers and pads and rotors where can I buy it all assembled ? Is that even possible

2. The seller said the back break needs caliper and pads same

3. After riding 15 minutes I get a small amount of light blue fluid ion the front too of diff the seller said it was coolant from the overflow reservoir and normal

4. Hand break doesn’t work due to back break needing repair

5. Only manual paddle changing gears works not automatic the seller says The dash switch that toggles between automatic and manual ta/ma is bad is it only the switch or could it be more in depth ? If so what?

6. The speedometer/display is hazy and can it just be unplugged and replaced ? I found one on eBay but I would rather buy everything from one vendor especially one that accepts affirm payment

7. Where can I get the repair manual, owners manual, service manual online or download ?

8. Where is the best place to buy the factory recommended fluids and filters online and what brands ?

Thanks for your time have a great day God Bless

EE07B9DA 6266 4AF2 B42D F3BF1927683F

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Most of these would be dealer items I believe. The blue fluid is coolant but spitting it out the reservoir is not normal. Check the level. As for the service manual, become a lifetime member here and download it for free. Pretty sure it's cheaper than buying it online and many here know that machine front to back and top to bottom. The experience and advice you'll get here are worth every penny of the membership fee. Oh and welcome to the forum too.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma, and welcome to the club. Sounds like you have some projects ahead of you, Get those manuals first, and I am sure there will be help available here for all of them.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi everyone
Hope all is good with you and yours

I just bought a 2017 p500 I think I got a good deal at $6k but it needs some work which I’m going to try and do myself

I had some rookie questions maybe you could help or dorect me to the threads where the questions have already been answered?

Thanks ahead of time

1. The seller said the front breaks need calipers and pads and rotors where can I buy it all assembled ? Is that even possible

2. The seller said the back break needs caliper and pads same

3. After riding 15 minutes I get a small amount of light blue fluid ion the front too of diff the seller said it was coolant from the overflow reservoir and normal

4. Hand break doesn’t work due to back break needing repair

5. Only manual paddle changing gears works not automatic the seller says The dash switch that toggles between automatic and manual ta/ma is bad is it only the switch or could it be more in depth ? If so what?

6. The speedometer/display is hazy and can it just be unplugged and replaced ? I found one on eBay but I would rather buy everything from one vendor especially one that accepts affirm payment

7. Where can I get the repair manual, owners manual, service manual online or download ?

8. Where is the best place to buy the factory recommended fluids and filters online and what brands ?

Thanks for your time have a great day God Bless

View attachment 292533
Welcome to the club neighbor!!
I know squat about a P500 but lots of these guys do. Good place to buy OEM stuff is ronayers.com usually the cheapest and they have good specials sometimes too.

Good luck 👍

Hunts with dogs

Hunts with dogs

Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2021
South Florida
Ownership

1. 500
BC035BAE 639F 4000 BDB8 CD668D61F770

I got my replacement display now how do I put it in ? Any help please ? Do I have to remove the whole dash ? Can I sneak in through the back of the dash under the hood ? Thanks for your time

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from the mud holes of WNY. I’m not too sure how to replace the display. Did you ever get it figured out? Enjoy. 😎
#NTC😉

Reactions: Haldog77
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!