P500 P500 quieter muffler DIY for 10$ :) plus beer

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think later this winter, after hunting is over I will rebuild it and make wider opening in OEM muffler to 1.5" , sort of home made perfomance muffler and then attach Walker muffler , we shall see should be no so restrictive flow. I'm happy now, and was able to climb 45% hill, but want to make it look clean and try some ideas.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
So u don't like silent rider?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So it seems to do the job as for performance I really haven't noticed any true change. I got a chance to check the DB level it hovered right around 75dB with my phone setting on the rack above and inside my garage. Not sure what it would be stock.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
75db its very impressive im at 85 db, something wrong , I need to think it over

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I think later this winter, after hunting is over I will rebuild it and make wider opening in OEM muffler to 1.5" , sort of home made perfomance muffler and then attach Walker muffler , we shall see should be no so restrictive flow. I'm happy now, and was able to climb 45% hill, but want to make it look clean and try some ideas.
Just a thought...maybe a tractor muffler?
on some forums (for cars) i have seen guys cut open their mufflers and pack them full of sound absorbant. Could be a cheap fix....an old muffler packing, a cut off wheel and a welder....

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a thought...maybe a tractor muffler?
on some forums (for cars) i have seen guys cut open their mufflers and pack them full of sound absorbant. Could be a cheap fix....an old muffler packing, a cut off wheel and a welder....

Will try, it's just biting expensive muffler to ruin :), and need to keep it legal with forest service. Will brain storm once things slow down for me.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I do have some exhaust baffles out of a Honda Shadow exhaust.....
Where are you located? You could possibly just have them.....

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do have some exhaust baffles out of a Honda Shadow exhaust.....
Where are you located? You could possibly just have them.....

Thank you, in the far far away Montana :)

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Lol. Been there twice. Glacier and Little Big Horn are my favorites but I loved the Lewis and Clarke Caverns also. Send me your zip so I can see what it would cost me to ship them to you.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dont worry now, I will work on it later in December or January and will find out if I need your parts .
Thank you for the offer!

advertisement
J

Jshell3

Will try, it's just biting expensive muffler to ruin :), and need to keep it legal with forest service. Will brain storm once things slow down for me.
Brainstorming IS what slows me down...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!