P500 P500 rifle holder

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Has anybody put a rifle mount on the dash of their P500 to hold a scoped hunting rifle?

I don’t want a large floor-mounted unit since it’s a pretty tight space. Instead of leaning it on my pack on the passenger seat when solo, it would be secure mounted to the dash near the instrument display- unloaded of course. I don’t think I need something for the butt pad to sit in, but making something from a piece of plywood would be easy- and not taking up room. When I have somebody with me- they can hold their rifle next to mine.

I’d rather keep it inside the cab vs. getting a plastic rifle scabbard mounted outside.

I saw this mount on amazon which might do the job.

60d0004a9f9f485a2a09e6416ba43ade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks. I’m trying to keep the rifle i side the cab if at all possible.

I know, but unless it’s a short carbine it just doesn’t work out all that well. Dust and dirt a big problem.

Reactions: TxDoc
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
When I’m using the Honda to travel to hunting areas/trailheads it’s in a hard case strapped down to the bed. Besides the dust and dirt mentioned I am also worried about getting the scope bumped. I can’t think of a reason you need it out of a case and in the cab unless you’re plan on hunting from the rig…

Reactions: TxDoc
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I understand your point.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I had a great day overhead gun rack but it would only work for carbines with the doors on. I have a sporting clays rack for the bed that also holds my bow and i use it if just going short distances on private land. If traveling any distance i put cased gun in cab with me or in the bed. Have been looking at doing the Kolpin stronghold cases on facing each side but haven't fully committed to that.

Rack3

Reactions: 500oneer and futzin
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Again thanks. My ‘problem’ is I have a Dusty Dawgs rack on the rear so difficult to find a place to mount a Kolpin plastic case. I have left my rifle in the padded case and put it in the rear, but it gets filthy dirty on the trails. Let me add- philosophically, I want to wear out all my hunting gear before the day comes I have a stroke or something else which prevents me from hunting.

E63175dddcddead65837119fd18beb90

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!