Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This was inspired by @Plumber32 . Posted a pic of Fury and saw that he had one of these on the hood of his P1. Totally different application and his is actually active, pushing cool air under the hood. Caught my eye though and I started looking for the smallest one I could find.
Moved it around a lot and stared at it a good long time, whichever way I went the fit and finish was going to be a b****! Settled on this spot but it meant cutting both windshields to do it. Also didn't want it to look like I just stuck it on there so had to decide on the paint lines to take. Went with just the high portion and see how I like it, easy to add more later as opposed to taking it off. Wanted to keep as much green as I could too. Don't know how well it's going to take either, already scratched it fitting the halfshield on, but I'm impatient as hell when it comes to this stuff.
Would say that it's at least 5 mph faster now but the added HP just made up for the extra weight of the nerf bars.
Anyway, what do you guys think?

Scoop
Scoop 1
Scoop 2
And I'm so done now.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This was inspired by @Plumber32 . Posted a pic of Fury and saw that he had one of these on the hood of his P1. Totally different application and his is actually active, pushing cool air under the hood. Caught my eye though and I started looking for the smallest one I could find.
Moved it around a lot and stared at it a good long time, whichever way I went the fit and finish was going to be a b****! Settled on this spot but it meant cutting both windshields to do it. Also didn't want it to look like I just stuck it on there so had to decide on the paint lines to take. Went with just the high portion and see how I like it, easy to add more later as opposed to taking it off. Wanted to keep as much green as I could too. Don't know how well it's going to take either, already scratched it fitting the halfshield on, but I'm impatient as hell when it comes to this stuff.
Would say that it's at least 5 mph faster now but the added HP just made up for the extra weight of the nerf bars.

View attachment 259356View attachment 259357View attachment 259358 And I'm so done now.
I like it.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 259356View attachment 259357View attachment 259358 And I'm so done now.
Nice work!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It still need a Plasmat phase 12 Flenser evaporator gun for your trigger

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
After sleeping on it, I'm changing the paint lines. Plan to follow the contours of the factory hood rise and also going with flat black as opposed to the satin I used. It'll look more like it was meant to be there and match the other plastics better. It was kind of a rush job just to get it on there and fit everything up, now I'll fine tune it for the look I want.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think I've been on here long enough to say... "Yeah, I've heard that before..."

Looks good, mebbe stick some LED's in the scoop, lol, just to illuminate all those extra horses.

Kicked that idea around and actually have the led's to do it. The only problem is access to them without cutting a hole in the hood. Also didn't want to have to hook and unhook when removing the hood. It would look cool though.

Reactions: J80 and NTCPrezJB
Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

Looks great! P500 on steroids! That has to be one of the toughest, meanest looking, awesome Pioneer 500s I have seen!
You said you're done. Can't wait 'till we see your next project. Machine gun? Rocket launcher?

Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Looks good!...If you want to look at some older technology that is cool....check out the 1970 Chevelle SS with a cowl induction hood, it has a flap made in the hood that under normal circumstances was flush, but when gassed hard raised up and inducted air into the carb, since the air box is on the rear of the P500-520 it would be hard to do... but not impossible! I have observed the fan kicking on way to much just easing around on my P520, maybe a larger radiator, perhaps one from a P700? which is the Rincon 680 motor.... there is extra space where the factory P520 radiator bolts up, maybe one from a larger Honda could be easily bolted in for extra cooling??? I only have 25 miles on my P520, SO Iam sure it is still tight.. and running warm...Coming from a Foreman 520, I am not happy with the transmission on the new P520!..Especially in Automatic mode.. Sounds awful noisy, Honda should have put the front Locker button on the P520!!!... like the Foreman....They say it will quiet down after some miles..We shall see? My 77 year old father made the comment that he did not like the transmission! and he was not even driving!...Its loud! and jerky!

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good!...If you want to look at some older technology that is cool....check out the 1970 Chevelle SS with a cowl induction hood, it has a flap made in the hood that under normal circumstances was flush, but when gassed hard raised up and inducted air into the carb, since the air box is on the rear of the P500-520 it would be hard to do... but not impossible! I have observed the fan kicking on way to much just easing around on my P520, maybe a larger radiator, perhaps one from a P700? which is the Rincon 680 motor.... there is extra space where the factory P520 radiator bolts up, maybe one from a larger Honda could be easily bolted in for extra cooling??? I only have 25 miles on my P520, SO Iam sure it is still tight.. and running warm...Coming from a Foreman 520, I am not happy with the transmission on the new P520!..Especially in Automatic mode.. Sounds awful noisy, Honda should have put the front Locker button on the P520!!!... like the Foreman....They say it will quiet down after some miles..We shall see? My 77 year old father made the comment that he did not like the transmission! and he was not even driving!...Its loud! and jerky!

Wouldn't worry about the temp unless you're riding really muddy conditions, radiator can get covered with it and get hot. That's the only time I've seen anyone have overheating issues on a 500, rarely hits 3 bars otherwise. The square cut gears are definitely noisy at first but will calm down with break in. One of the members here actually makes a product to help with the unbearable noise, helps with the steam bath too that you probably haven't experienced yet.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Fixed those ugly ass paint lines this weekend. Took my time and did it right this time. Taping the subtle curves was kind of a pain but worth it. ScotchBrite padded the whole area, one good coat of adhesion promoter, two coats of flat black primer, three coats of flat black paint and about 5 coats of matte clear coat. Looks like it belongs there now.

Scoop 1
Scoop 2
Scoop

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wouldn't worry about the temp unless you're riding really muddy conditions, radiator can get covered with it and get hot. That's the only time I've seen anyone have overheating issues on a 500, rarely hits 3 bars otherwise. The square cut gears are definitely noisy at first but will calm down with break in. One of the members here actually makes a product to help with the unbearable noise, helps with the steam bath too that you probably haven't experienced yet.
You had to remind me. That log day ride splashing through TN mud did it. But really only took a few bottle squirts to get going again. Never had a problem since.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You had to remind me. That log day ride splashing through TN mud did it. But really only took a few bottle squirts to get going again. Never had a problem since.

That was an epic ride! Don't know how many P5's we had in total but that was about the only issue we had other than people getting stuck. Like you said, a few dowses of water and we were rolling again. :cool:

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
That was an epic ride! Don't know how many P5's we had in total but that was about the only issue we had other than people getting stuck. Like you said, a few dowses of water and we were rolling again. :cool:
New owners need to check out the annual HondaSxS Takeover. The P500 Saturday ride.

E8B66087 E3C3 4DA0 8361 D0700EE9FFDD

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!