Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Fixed those ugly ass paint lines this weekend. Took my time and did it right this time. Taping the subtle curves was kind of a pain but worth it. ScotchBrite padded the whole area, one good coat of adhesion promoter, two coats of flat black primer, three coats of flat black paint and about 5 coats of matte clear coat. Looks like it belongs there now.

View attachment 260620View attachment 260621View attachment 260619
Is that a green steering wheel cover i see? Where did u get that? I like that Its BA!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is that a green steering wheel cover i see? Where did u get that? I like that Its BA!

Yeah, searched high and low for one a couple years ago. Hard to find one even close to the right color. This one is rubber and kind of has a bike tire pattern. Didn't fit real snug so I wrapped it with that plastic lacing. I've had to tighten that stuff up a couple times as it likes to walk.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, searched high and low for one a couple years ago. Hard to find one even close to the right color. This one is rubber and kind of has a bike tire pattern. Didn't fit real snug so I wrapped it with that plastic lacing. I've had to tighten that stuff up a couple times as it likes to walk.
From the pics it looks like that old 70’s 80’s steering wheel cover kinda a soft vinyl if you remember those?

Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Wouldn't worry about the temp unless you're riding really muddy conditions, radiator can get covered with it and get hot. That's the only time I've seen anyone have overheating issues on a 500, rarely hits 3 bars otherwise. The square cut gears are definitely noisy at first but will calm down with break in. One of the members here actually makes a product to help with the unbearable noise, helps with the steam bath too that you probably haven't experienced yet.
Is it normal to hear some ( slack) noises out of the rear driveline so to speak in first and second gear on a P520? when just easing around slowly when on and off the throttle gently? I now only have 52 miles on my machine..I just do not know what to expect noise wise? Whats normal and not....Iam used to a Foreman and its usual noises. Thanks Luge

Photo515

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is it normal to hear some ( slack) noises out of the rear driveline so to speak in first and second gear on a P520? when just easing around slowly when on and off the throttle gently? I now only have 52 miles on my machine..I just do not know what to expect noise wise? Whats normal and not....Iam used to a Foreman and its usual noises. Thanks Luge

View attachment 261876

Yeah everybody freaks out when they hear that noise for the first time, I know I did. Was told it was normal and would get better over time, it does but never goes away. Give it a good run to break it in and then at first or second service change out the gear oil in the differentials to some 75w-140w. Better but still there so guys came up with the idea of putting in a noise/heat barrier out of various materials (believe it or not the heat's worse than the noise). That idea evolved into the Trigger Shield of which I'm not only the president but also a client. 🛡️

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This was inspired by @Plumber32 . Posted a pic of Fury and saw that he had one of these on the hood of his P1. Totally different application and his is actually active, pushing cool air under the hood. Caught my eye though and I started looking for the smallest one I could find.
Moved it around a lot and stared at it a good long time, whichever way I went the fit and finish was going to be a b****! Settled on this spot but it meant cutting both windshields to do it. Also didn't want it to look like I just stuck it on there so had to decide on the paint lines to take. Went with just the high portion and see how I like it, easy to add more later as opposed to taking it off. Wanted to keep as much green as I could too. Don't know how well it's going to take either, already scratched it fitting the halfshield on, but I'm impatient as hell when it comes to this stuff.
Would say that it's at least 5 mph faster now but the added HP just made up for the extra weight of the nerf bars.
Anyway, what do you guys think?

View attachment 259356View attachment 259357View attachment 259358 And I'm so done now.
Great work! Looks factory. 🍻

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
@trigger Where did you end up finding that smaller hood scoop? It looks really good on your machine man, I like it a lot!

Reactions: J80 and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Reactions: futzin and trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!