Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I never took mine out. Still zip tied up.

Agreed, I left mine in place, besides hearing from others that it's a bugger getting out, I thought I need all the weight down low that I can get.

Reactions: markie
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Took mine off . Wouldnt put it back on . Much better without . Smoother ride , better contact , and I don't notice any roll/sway that wasn't there before although I know it's there .

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
im unhooking mine tomorrow but its supposed to rain something about a hurricane pffft whatever
You will be glad you did . BTW love the yellow p5 . Would have had it but they didn't make 2016 in yellow the bast----

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: markie
hobbytrucker

hobbytrucker

Jun 14, 2016
digby ns
Ownership

1. 500
I changed my tires to 27 in swamp lights and did the unhook at the same time so I can't really say but it definitely does ride better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I changed my tires to 27 in swamp lights and did the unhook at the same time so I can't really say but it definitely does ride better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good, glad you like it.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Well the anti-sway bar works by connecting both sides of the suspension together. Left & Right
As a wheel wants to lift off the ground on one side(1st side) as you turn ,the anti-sway bar goes with it. That side of the sway bar goes down with the wheel.
Because the bar is connected to the other side of the suspension ,the opposite side of the bar(2nd side) does the same thing....goes down. When it goes down ,it forces the suspension on the 2nd side DOWN ....therefore stopping the 2nd side from squatting down and taking away a lot of the sway in the vehicle.
By disconnecting a link on one side ....that end of the sway bar just goes up and down freely. Both sides of suspension aren't connected and wont work as designed.
As we know the ride much improves :)

Takes only a minute to,... take one off or ... put link back and have it factory again.

I'll never put it back

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well the anti-sway bar works by connecting both sides of the suspension together. Left & Right
As a wheel wants to lift off the ground on one side(1st side) as you turn ,the anti-sway bar goes with it. That side of the sway bar goes down with the wheel.
Because the bar is connected to the other side of the suspension ,the opposite side of the bar(2nd side) does the same thing....goes down. When it goes down ,it forces the suspension on the 2nd side DOWN ....therefore stopping the 2nd side from squatting down and taking away a lot of the sway in the vehicle.
By disconnecting a link on one side ....that end of the sway bar just goes up and down freely. Both sides of suspension aren't connected and wont work as designed.
As we know the ride much improves :)

Takes only a minute to,... take one off or ... put link back and have it factory again.

I'll never put it back
Gotcha, I'll not reconnect mine either.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I removed mine over 400 miles ago. If you have the stock suspension (shocks) they're so stiff they don't allow body roll anyways- at least not with-out a pile of weight on the machine. If you run heavily loaded, and I mean loaded near max weight up high, the sway bar may actually help, and I assume that's why Honda put it there. Removing it made a barely noticeable difference on my machine on any type of terrain, or any speed. I run lightly loaded. It's removal allowed a very slight improvement in rear articulation and ride. Very slight. Take a look at the P500 suspension thread if you want make the suspension function more like a trail riding machine's suspension should. If you use it mostly for utility/heavy work, the stock suspension is very 'truck-like', will probably last forever, and may actually allow articulation when heavily loaded.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!