P500 P500 Windshield and Roof advise.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Just ordered my P500 in January 2023.
Looking for advise on Roof and Flip up Windshield. I want a windshield that opens so I can check under the hood. Can't hardly wait to get my new P500.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hi guys. Thanks for all the advise on roof and windshield.
Do you have problems with scratches or yellowing over time. I am thinking of biting the
Bullet and going with glass. I want a wiper.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks SO much. That's kind of what I was thinking. Just bite bullet. Spend extra and be happy.
Looking at UTV-801. Expensive but seems worth it. Has wiper.

Reactions: crewcabrob
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys. Thanks for all the advise on roof and windshield.
Do you have problems with scratches or yellowing over time. I am thinking of biting the
Bullet and going with glass. I want a wiper.
Here is an older link about glass windshield and they are close to you in Utah. Can't go wrong imo.

Windshield Wiper Out
Since that post, I have added manual wipers and washer, I may consider going with 12VDC marine wipers, but I like having washer system.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Here is an older link about glass windshield and they are close to you in Utah. Can't go wrong imo.

View attachment 372142
Since that post, I have added manual wipers and washer, I may consider going with 12VDC marine wipers, but I like having washer system.
Do you leave it on in the summer? I was wanting one but was wondering how well it vented in the heat of the south.

Reactions: crewcabrob
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
I do leave it on all year, mainly because of the washers, it’s warmer than no windshield but vents quite well. Without the washers it wouldn’t be to difficult to remove. Even though we don’t get much frost down here, it’s nice to be able to scrape the windshield without scratching.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just ordered my P500 in January 2023.
Looking for advise on Roof and Flip up Windshield. I want a windshield that opens so I can check under the hood. Can't hardly wait to get my new P500.
Check @SuperATV for a windshield sale. I recall an email from them a few days ago on it. Don’t know if it included the P500 windshield.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Check @SuperATV for a windshield sale. I recall an email from them a few days ago on it. Don’t know if it included the P500 windshield.
Yep! And its not even a sale! The poly suppliers are starting to drop their pricing after the whole covid market destruction...so we were able to drop pricing on all the windshields!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yep! And its not even a sale! The poly suppliers are starting to drop their pricing after the whole covid market destruction...so we were able to drop pricing on all the windshields!
Sounds good, especially with that NTC discount! 🤣🤣🤣

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Just received my Satv flip windshield a couple days ago and paid the new lower price. Need I need time to install it and pick out a roof to go with it.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I think I am going with glass. I want a wiper and even my dealer c says.. go with glass if
you want a wiper. Trying to decide between UTV801 or SXS

Reactions: Mudder
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
I think I am going with glass. I want a wiper and even my dealer c says.. go with glass if
you want a wiper. Trying to decide between UTV801 or SXS
I might be mistaken, but it was my understanding way back in 2019 when I got my sXsWindshield that sXs and UTV were the same family Fred (the father) was running sXs and his son was running UTV. If you look at my above mentioned hyperlink, post #1 lists website as sxs and post #5 the website listed is UTV801. Why not give Fred a call at 801-380-1255 and ask if they are still the same, he is a great guy and was a pleasure to work with.

Reactions: driller and Mudder
C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
Just received my Glass windshield from UTV801. Nicely packed and nice quality. I got the wiper. Has a good tint, but I will be adding ceramic UV blocking tint film (one of several reasons I went with glass was so I could add film.

Also, I could not find the glass windshield on superatv, only on UTV801

Last edited:
Deacon

Deacon

Feb 8, 2023
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I ordered a non OEM roof and windshield for my 500 and after installing them there is a gap between the front of the roof and the top of the windshield. The odd thing is that the windshield is flush to the hood of the 500 but not square to the roof. I have a 3/4” gap on the passenger side and a 1 1/4” gap on the driver side. I got to measuring the roll cage and it doesn’t appear to be square on the body. Has anyone ever heard of this?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!