BOX1

P500 P520 - Any complaints yet? Curious if bed rattles or squeaks, etc.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I only have 30 miles on mine, only rattled once. I didn't have it pushed closed / locked in. Once I did, it stopped.

Mini Trail Mark

Mini Trail Mark

Jun 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Had my 520 for 3 weeks now, no squeaks or rattles, have about 65 miles on it with no issues.
D64B23BF 2397 4C0D A3D2 18B5634C80A6
Honda Quality!

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have about 1000Km on mine and it developed an annoying metallic buzz/rattle. Appears to be the shield on the muffler?(I hope). Or the Cat internally...not the preferred option.
Will be checking it out tomorrow during complete cleaning after it got buried in mud yesterday night.

Reactions: Bmurray
Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I started to get an annoying rattle about 100 miles in or so. And i mean it was annoying. I found the rattle coming from the hooks that hold down the bed.; as when i applied electrical tap around the hooks (to test my theory), that rattle stopped until the tape ended up getting worn through. I then the latches and the rattle has appeared to go away for now. Like others, I get it from the roof from time to time, but nothing annoying like the bed. The rattle from the bed really pretty obnoxious.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I started to get an annoying rattle about 100 miles in or so. And i mean it was annoying. I found the rattle coming from the hooks that hold down the bed.; as when i applied electrical tap around the hooks (to test my theory), that rattle stopped until the tape ended up getting worn through. I then the latches and the rattle has appeared to go away for now. Like others, I get it from the roof from time to time, but nothing annoying like the bed. The rattle from the bed really pretty obnoxious.
My latches for the bed squeaked loudly when it was new. I sprayed a little WD40 on the bed latches, and that took care of it.

Reactions: Bigtee
49north

49north

Jan 9, 2021
Daisy WA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Mine squeaks a bit. Honda should supply a can of silicone with each purchase to ease the pain.
I call mine Lil Red Squeakers..

Reactions: stobiadas
Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My bed has had a squeak that started on my first ride. Also rear brake is squeaking as well. Been meaning to try to put some rubber on the bed latches and where bed sits on the frame, just haven't got to it yet. Also, my right front was toed out and the steering wheel was like a quarter turn off... Update: after washing the 520 yesterday, I discovered the bed sits on 2 rubber pads. So either the metal on rubber is squeaking or its the metal to metal bed latches. Going to try a couple different things, and will post findings.

Last edited:
Pauly B

Pauly B

Aug 23, 2021
Hudson Valley, New York
Ownership

1. 520
I’ve got a little over 100 miles of trail riding on my 520. I’ve been extremely happy with the overall quality so far. No creaks or rattles yet. I’ve been hauling loads that probably push the recommended weight limit of the bed. Still able to pull hills in n rough terrain without a problem. I love the creeper gear. Avoiding a CVT was my main reason for choosing this model over another brand.
5C087046 1815 423C B824 FC63212E9EB7
AD1DE151 D7BC 4DFA 8AEC 9E640296A192

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Took possession of my P520 yesterday. My front right wheel is not aligned correctly is toe out with the left wheel straight and the steering wheel straight. They have wax chalk marks the are aligned but the wheel is clearly out. Also I have a rattle. I don’t know yet where it is. It’s kind of inside and I can’t find something to press against to silence it. It’s also louder than my 2000 Yamaha atv I replaced but it’s new and needs to break in. No power steering which I didn’t think would be a problem but it is something you need to adjust your driving to. The longer wheel base than my atv is noticeable and that means steering is even more important with a wider turning radius. ESP would be excellent in transitioning from an atv. Lastly the auto shifting requires speed and practice with the foot throttle. Took me a day to figure out when I’d use the auto and manual. Slow speed and down hill I don’t trust the auto and if I have to steer quick because the auto makes and unexpected decision, heavy steering means slower reaction time. This might sound all negative but it’s what I’m expecting. This being said I was a bit off about the purchase until the end of today. By the end I got a feel for the pedal throttle and spend time with the manual in tight situations and auto on the road. By the end I was pretty happy with the purchase. Coming from and atv it’s a real difference though. More capability and riding comfort but also with the larger size (still smaller than other utvs) you need to adjust your driving plan. An atv you can react and things are nibble but even if this is the smaller turning radius utv, it’s not as drivable as an atv. I’m happy with the switch after my atv transmission belt snapped but it’s a change for sure, but one I’m willing to adapts to. There’s hope the wife can drive it!

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
Have about 1000Km on mine and it developed an annoying metallic buzz/rattle. Appears to be the shield on the muffler?(I hope). Or the Cat internally...not the preferred option.
Will be checking it out tomorrow during complete cleaning after it got buried in mud yesterday night.
I had the same but found gravel up on the skid plate near the engine.

Reactions: stobiadas
stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had the same but found gravel up on the skid plate near the engine.
I will try that. I took shielding off the muffler and wasn’t able to find anything. Buzzing persists with different rpm ranges

Mini Trail Mark

Mini Trail Mark

Jun 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Up to 220 miles, no squeak, rattles or strange noises of any kind. I did have to adjust extreme toe out when new, both sides. Noticed right away, simple adjustmen. Just installed “inferno” heater. Prepping for Michigan winter 🥶

Reactions: trigger and futzin
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!