The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
It's mildly annoying because there is a ton of extra room under there.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
You could for sure have an auxiliary tank on the other side under the driver seat. Pretty much a double the capacity

• Love
Reactions: hallic and JRF
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
You could for sure have an auxiliary tank on the other side under the driver seat. Pretty much a double the capacity
Huh. Should still have space for 2nd battery, plus at least a couple gallon mini tank of some kind I'd imagine. That's an interesting idea. Tank, fuel pump, wire in a transfer switch. Either remember to only turn it on when you're near empty, or else plumb in a return overflow line or something.

I freaking *hate* using the new "safety" gas cans, trying to pour into a recessed shin-high gas tank. *adds item onto P5 ToDo list*

Reactions: crewcabrob
Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
There's definitely room for one and have a rocker switch to transfer it over or just switch tanks it pumps from. With the right harness it can even feed the 2nd tank fuel level to the display. the other way would just be to connect them together.

Reactions: crewcabrob
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
On the surface, I agree there appears to be room to install another gas tank. Before jumping into that space, I would consult with engineers and safety experts before attempting. Point is, there may very well be a good reason why that space is there and not really available for anything else.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Before jumping into that space, I would consult with engineers and safety experts before attempting.
Consider me consulted.

Personally, I'd go even more low tech than trying to wire in a transfer pump and fuel sending unit. I'm thinking just an auxiliary tank that's roughly on the same plane as the stock tank, with a transfer hose running from the bottom of it, parallel or slightly sloped downward towards the main tank, then just ran through a bulkhead fitting in the main tank. It would passively fill and drain on its own and your fuel gauge would work perfectly still. Might need to vent the top of it as well.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I've considered mounting one or more Rotopax fuel cells under the drivers seat. I wouldn't need to carry them all of the time. And I like having an idea of how much fuel I have all of the time, meaning I can keep track of the fuel in my gas cans and the tank pretty easy like this.

In reality, I likely only have use for a spare gallon or two once a year. And for those times, I have this Rotopax mounted to the ROPS. Works OK here, but I would love to utilize the space under the seat for something. I hate having wasted storage space.
20211001 223444737 iOS

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
IMO - -Iinstalling gasoline storage in the in closed area under the driver seat is - - NOT - - one of the better suggestions on this forum.

The exhaust runs in that area & gets RED hot.
""Suggest removing the roof I you have one""

The slightest leak - - liquid or fumes - - the ejection seat Will Deploy.

Best keep gas storage in Open area Away Form Exhaust.

Using 4 Rotopax ( picture ) only fill them all in winter when using Tracks.
Easier to handle & poor than 1 big container - - plus balance the load.

"" Be SAFE "" FIRST.....

20200725 122406 20200725 122217

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks for the suggestion and safety check.

I believe the P520 might have a slightly different exhaust, because if it were that close, I would have never thought about utilizing that area for extra fuel.

Rob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!