P500 P520 mpg

D

Dlm33

May 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
As I mentioned before I pick up my P520 tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many miles I should expect on a full tank of gas? (Normal driving). Also what does people think about running recreational gas in the machine? Any thought would be helpful.
Thanks.

Reactions: TxDoc and J80
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
As I mentioned before I pick up my P520 tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many miles I should expect on a full tank of gas? (Normal driving). Also what does people think about running recreational gas in the machine? Any thought would be helpful.
Thanks.
100 MILES A TANK . PLAIN OL REGULAR GAS

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
That's about what I averaged. First 50 miles left just above a half tank. Next 60 miles was right at a half tank. I was riding pretty easy though.

Reactions: Bigtee and J80
M

Mortdog

May 19, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Don’t put anything but nonoxy premium in it. Regular unleaded with alcohol can go bad pretty quick. So spend a little more for no headaches ever.

Reactions: KyGal83 and Dlm33
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
ethanol should go in charred oak barrels for 4-25 years and then end up neat in my glass, but if not setting in high humidity for 4-6 months regular gasoline with 5-15% ethanol is fine. If you can find non ethanol that will help your mileage as ethanol has less BTU/gallon than gasoline.

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
In oregon we have found the non ethanal goes bad easy. I think it doesn't sell so fast and sits in the holding tanks to long.

Reactions: Dlm33
Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve yet to go 100km’s (60mls) without the low fuel light coming on. I haven’t run it dry yet though to see how much farther I could go. But we have also been at 90% avg throttle for half or more of our rides as we drive to our riding areas on rural roads. So it must be real thirsty at the higher speeds.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Reviving an old thread...

We are getting ready for a trip to south-central Wyoming and wondering what to expect for trail riding mileage. Higher elevations, lower speed while on the trail. We will be riding some minimum maintenance roads to get to some of the better trails, so I suspect that some miles will be at 35mph.

I know I have had my P520 for over a year, but I think we only have 310 miles on it and most of those have been short trips where there is no good way to track mileage. I also live at 1,250' above sea level. I assume that working harder in the 10k-11k elevation will be different.

Minimal loads when riding: extra fuel, a small cooler and a dog (or 3 dogs in the back) and my wife and I. All this should total less than 500 pounds for all of the listed.

Thanks for the advice!

Rob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!