P500 P520 tilt table rating

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
New to forum...lots of great info here. I put a deposit on a P520 and it might be delivered this week. I'm curious if anyone knows if the P520 has the same tile table rating as the P500 (33.5 degrees).

The roll over issue for such a narrow machine is my only concern with the P520. I've had Honda atvs since 1995 and have never rolled...and I'm a pretty conservative driver. But the is my first experience with a sxs. I will likely get wheel spacers which will help some.

Thanks....

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to forum...lots of great info here. I put a deposit on a P520 and it might be delivered this week. I'm curious if anyone knows if the P520 has the same tile table rating as the P500 (33.5 degrees).

The roll over issue for such a narrow machine is my only concern with the P520. I've had Honda atvs since 1995 and have never rolled...and I'm a pretty conservative driver. But the is my first experience with a sxs. I will likely get wheel spacers which will help some.

Thanks....
I've not heard anyone say. I'm curious now though.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome new guy.

Same Width , Height & only a Few Pounds More most of that being the box should be Close if not Same Tip Angle.
Conservative drivers usually find it easier to Keep the Shiney Side UP

Some use spacers.
If your going to put New Tires & wheels eventually -- recommend go with 4x3 off set wheel -- get same off set as spacers & better tires.

There is a new drain valve attached to you bank account .
At least this one will be fun.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

Thanks....
They are a bit tippy . I too am conservative (sorta) but I put mine on its side (oops) after that I put 1.5 " spacers all around and they made a world of difference .

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I was planning on swapping my ITP wheels and tires (Mud Lites) from my Rancher with the stock wheels and tires from the P520. Not sure what the offset is on those. I think they come in 5x2 and 2x5 in that size and bolt pattern from what I can tell on the ITP web site...so its either one on those. I see where I can get 1.5 inch spacers (rb3 Off-road...maybe there are other better sources). I'm new to this....I didn't do much to my Rancher. Bought it new in 2005 and have 550 miles on it.

Appreciate all of the advice....

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

Thanks....
Welcome. Without body english like on an atv, you do have to pick your line more carefully. But you should adjust ok. I take those tilt table ratings with a grain of salt due to too many trail variables.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I was planning on swapping my ITP wheels and tires (Mud Lites) from my Rancher with the stock wheels and tires from the P520. Not sure what the offset is on those. I think they come in 5x2 and 2x5 in that size and bolt pattern from what I can tell on the ITP web site...so its either one on those. I see where I can get 1.5 inch spacers (rb3 Off-road...maybe there are other better sources). I'm new to this....I didn't do much to my Rancher. Bought it new in 2005 and have 550 miles on it.

Appreciate all of the advice....
These spacers are very good . SUPERATV Wheel Spacer For Big Red/Pioneer 4/110 (1.5 Inch) 1 Pair but you need to order two pairs .

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
The tilt table ratings are basically a relative comparison between sxs's. 35 degrees on a table in a lab isn't the same as 35 degrees on a trail, for sure.
I've been involved with tilt table testing on trucks. It's done very slowly. The dynamics on a trail will get you the faster you go.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
The stock wheels are a bit different in offset, the fronts are close to a 5+2 but the rears are more like 6+1.5, don't know where Honda gets it stock rims from. The 520 (got mine 3 weeks ago today) works and feels pretty good on the stock wheels but I decided to change now so I could sell stock rims and tires while new. I love the looks with the 27's and it does feel more stable now with the bigger tires and 4+3 offset rims. It doesn't bother me that the machine is now a bit wider as it's still narrow enough to get through the tighter trails I ride on. I noticed a difference in the ride and feel right away in the tight trail section loop here at home, was better and it felt more stable. I also went out in the field and broke new trail through about close to 2 feet of snow and it worked well, a front locking diff would have helped for sure but it still went through it ok. The 520 also plowed the snow really well with the stock wheels and tires, but this afternoon I'll get to try out the plow with the new wheels so it will be interesting to see if I notice a difference. BTW, this is my very first four wheel machine ever, and I'm loving it, (been dirt biking for over 50 years).

I've already posted pics with new wheels but here's a couple.

IMG 3800IMG 3801

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks...I recognize your machine from another thread. Sounds like you use your 520 the same way I will use mine. I plow a 300' paved driveway and I have some logging roads I use on my hunting property. I value stability, maneuverability, and reliability. Hopefully with a wider stance using different wheels and spacers I can get the stability. I don't need to load it in the back of a truck or worry about legal width limitations on public trails. But I do need to squeeze between trees, etc. and make tight turns on trails occasionally. And, compared to P700, the lower weight and shorter length of the P500 allows me to load and tow both the P500 and my ZT mower safely on my trailer.

Congrats on your new purchase!

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
The stock wheels are a bit different in offset, the fronts are close to a 5+2 but the rears are more like 6+1.5, don't know where Honda gets it stock rims from. The 520 (got mine 3 weeks ago today) works and feels pretty good on the stock wheels but I decided to change now so I could sell stock rims and tires while new. I love the looks with the 27's and it does feel more stable now with the bigger tires and 4+3 offset rims. It doesn't bother me that the machine is now a bit wider as it's still narrow enough to get through the tighter trails I ride on. I noticed a difference in the ride and feel right away in the tight trail section loop here at home, was better and it felt more stable. I also went out in the field and broke new trail through about close to 2 feet of snow and it worked well, a front locking diff would have helped for sure but it still went through it ok. The 520 also plowed the snow really well with the stock wheels and tires, but this afternoon I'll get to try out the plow with the new wheels so it will be interesting to see if I notice a difference. BTW, this is my very first four wheel machine ever, and I'm loving it, (been dirt biking for over 50 years).

I've already posted pics with new wheels but here's a couple.

View attachment 252521View attachment 252522

Any idea what your true width is now that you've got 4+3 wheels? I will be riding 50" restricted trails here in Central Ohio when I get mine and am considering 14x8 (4+4) beadlock wheels with 27x9 tires all around. I am pretty sure I can squeak by with a 54" +/- width and still be OK but I'm curious where I might end up if I go with the 4+4s versus a 4+3. The reason I am considering the wider wheels is that I hate ballooned tires and plan on running a truck style, squared off tire, and feel running a wider wheel will help with that. Maybe I'm overthinking it (probably). I'd also prefer not to run spacers if I can avoid them.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks...I recognize your machine from another thread. Sounds like you use your 520 the same way I will use mine. I plow a 300' paved driveway and I have some logging roads I use on my hunting property. I value stability, maneuverability, and reliability. Hopefully with a wider stance using different wheels and spacers I can get the stability. I don't need to load it in the back of a truck or worry about legal width limitations on public trails. But I do need to squeeze between trees, etc. and make tight turns on trails occasionally. And, compared to P700, the lower weight and shorter length of the P500 allows me to load and tow both the P500 and my ZT mower safely on my trailer.

Congrats on your new purchase!
Thanks, and congrats on your purchase as well! I bought it for both utility and recreation. I have a 60" plow and also have a lot of driveway to clear, about the same as you plus all around my shop. You can easily go up to a 66" plow as well. I kept mine at 60 mainly for where I park it inside my shop. I also love how quickly and easily the plow goes on and off. I'm recovering from some very serious leg injuries and can still do it in a couple of minutes. We have very tight trails on our property and in the area, I'm already glad I didn't get the P7.

Any idea what your true width is now that you've got 4+3 wheels? I will be riding 50" restricted trails here in Central Ohio when I get mine and am considering 14x8 (4+4) beadlock wheels with 27x9 tires all around. I am pretty sure I can squeak by with a 54" +/- width and still be OK but I'm curious where I might end up if I go with the 4+4s versus a 4+3. The reason I am considering the wider wheels is that I hate ballooned tires and plan on running a truck style, squared off tire, and feel running a wider wheel will help with that. Maybe I'm overthinking it (probably). I'd also prefer not to run spacers if I can avoid them.
I have someone else who just messaged me asking the same thing. I will take an accurate measurement this morning when I get my lazy ass out to the shop, lol.
Edit: measured 54" both ends. Tires are 27-9-12 front 27-11-12 rear Kenda Bear Claw HTR's

Last edited:
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, and congrats on your purchase as well! I bought it for both utility and recreation. I have a 60" plow and also have a lot of driveway to clear, about the same as you plus all around my shop. You can easily go up to a 66" plow as well. I kept mine at 60 mainly for where I park it inside my shop. I also love how quickly and easily the plow goes on and off. I'm recovering from some very serious leg injuries and can still do it in a couple of minutes. We have very tight trails on our property and in the area, I'm already glad I didn't get the P7.

I have someone else who just messaged me asking the same thing. I will take an accurate measurement this morning when I get my lazy ass out to the shop, lol.

Sorry if you already addressed this...but did you go with Honda plow, winch and mounts?

Reactions: Smitty335
Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry if you already addressed this...but did you go with Honda plow, winch and mounts?
I had the dealer install the winch and plow. I believe he used the Honda mounts for the winch and plow. But he buys Warn winches and KFI plows direct from the manufacturer though so saved me about $600 Cdn between the two. So I have a Warn 4500 and 60" KFI Plow.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I had the dealer install the winch and plow. I believe he used the Honda mounts for the winch and plow. But he buys Warn winches and KFI plows direct from the manufacturer though so saved me about $600 Cdn between the two. So I have a Warn 4500 and 60" KFI Plow.
Thanks... that's a decision I will soon have to make.... Honda vs KFI plow/mount/winch setup...or hybrid. Dealership quoted me all Honda (i.e., Warn) but I can change to KFI if available. He owes me a quote on KFI setup.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks... that's a decision I will soon have to make.... Honda vs KFI plow/mount/winch setup...or hybrid. Dealership quoted me all Honda (i.e., Warn) but I can change to KFI if available. He owes me a quote on KFI setup.
My total cost on the 4500 Warn winch, with dash mounted switch and a remote switch with 8ft cable, and the KFI 60" plow, with all the mounting kits for both, and dealer installed, came to Cdn$1700., so about US$1300.
I added all the costs up of ordering myself but it wasn't much different. I would usually install all myself as well, but due to recovering from an accident I'm not able to do that right now. The dealer was very reasonable for his install rate as well.
There are cheaper winches ect out there, but I went with what I researched to be quality products. So far, both have worked out very well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!