P500 P520 tilt table rating

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
My total cost on the 4500 Warn winch, with dash mounted switch and a remote switch with 8ft cable, and the KFI 60" plow, with all the mounting kits for both, and dealer installed, came to Cdn$1700., so about US$1300.
I added all the costs up of ordering myself but it wasn't much different. I would usually install all myself as well, but due to recovering from an accident I'm not able to do that right now. The dealer was very reasonable for his install rate as well.
There are cheaper winches ect out there, but I went with what I researched to be quality products. So far, both have worked out very well.
Helpful info...thanks.

Reactions: Mudder and Aerolite
NatureOne

NatureOne

Nov 22, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've not heard anyone say. I'm curious now though.
I have 26-9-12s on front and 26-11-12 on rear with 5+2 offset on the 520. This gives me a 54" rear measurement and 53" on the front. Very stable. I prefer offset rather than spacers

Reactions: Mudder
Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
And I just measured mine on the 520. 27-9-12 front and 27-11-12 rear, (Kenda Bear Claw HTR's) on 4+3 offsets, and I'm 54" both ends.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like the 27s
I’m liking them so far. Just finished plowing that snow we got and they worked really well.

2D1CCC7B F737 43F2 BC84 70CC03391947

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The tilt table ratings are basically a relative comparison between sxs's. 35 degrees on a table in a lab isn't the same as 35 degrees on a trail, for sure.
REALLY? So you are saying we all rely on scientific research for our lives sake and really shouldn't? HA!

Reactions: wvupsc and Mudder
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
wvupsc, I've mounted up my SRA 4-3 2-5 28" Mud Lites last winter for entertainment value. Silly stable (58" rear) and fun but a face full of snow is nothing compared the crap being flung when I removed 'em a week too late into mud season.....

Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I once rolled a 2008 Rancher 420 down a steep hill that it flipped at least 20 loops so fast that when it landed on its wheels it was still running! the bank angle sensor never kicked in! My friends down in Summertown, TN were watching me do the climb and when it landed they switched it off, when I got to the bottom of the hill, they already had the handlebars straightened out, that was the only damage! other than plastic scratches..

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
New to forum...lots of great info here. I put a deposit on a P520 and it might be delivered this week. I'm curious if anyone knows if the P520 has the same tile table rating as the P500 (33.5 degrees).

The roll over issue for such a narrow machine is my only concern with the P520. I've had Honda atvs since 1995 and have never rolled...and I'm a pretty conservative driver. But the is my first experience with a sxs. I will likely get wheel spacers which will help some.

Thanks....
This too has been a concern of mine. In 2016, I had my rancher 420 roll on top of me; busted four ribs and had to be life flighted out of Knolls (Western UT). Too steep of a hill and when I gave it a little throttle, the front lifted and that was it. Having my wife and kids witness the accident (they were on their ATVs); they no longer wanted to ride. We ended up selling the ATVs shortly there after.

I then never really considered the possibility of tipping until I began researching this forum. I briefly had a Kawasaki Mule SX that was 2" wider, and raised higher (LE model) than my current P520. But after reading several forums here, I decided to go with SuperATV 1.5" wheel spacers. I originally went with all four tires but yesterday took the front spacers back off. The reason was due to the spacing I noticed. The front tires are out wider than the rear; having the offsets only on the rear basically evened it out. How I could tell the front was wider was due to my trailer. I have an Aluma 54" (width) trailer. With spacers all around, the front tires basically rubbed on the trailer's edge while the back tires had an inch on both sides.

I will say when I installed all four wheel spacers I noticed a complete (positive) difference in ride.

• Wow
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
This too has been a concern of mine. In 2016, I had my rancher 420 roll on top of me; busted four ribs and had to be life flighted out of Knolls (Western UT). Too steep of a hill and when I gave it a little throttle, the front lifted and that was it. Having my wife and kids witness the accident (they were on their ATVs); they no longer wanted to ride. We ended up selling the ATVs shortly there after.

I then never really considered the possibility of tipping until I began researching this forum. I briefly had a Kawasaki Mule SX that was 2" wider, and raised higher (LE model) than my current P520. But after reading several forums here, I decided to go with SuperATV 1.5" wheel spacers. I originally went with all four tires but yesterday took the front spacers back off. The reason was due to the spacing I noticed. The front tires are out wider than the rear; having the offsets only on the rear basically evened it out. How I could tell the front was wider was due to my trailer. I have an Aluma 54" (width) trailer. With spacers all around, the front tires basically rubbed on the trailer's edge while the back tires had an inch on both sides.

I will say when I installed all four wheel spacers I noticed a complete (positive) difference in ride.
I have two pairs of SuperATV 1.5 inch spacers ready for when my 520 is delivered this weekend. I also bought new 25 tires and wheels with 5/2 offset, which the dealer is installing. Maybe I'm being overly conservative. But I'm not worried about the extra width for truck beds, trailers, public trails, etc.. It won't make a difference for my hauling and trails. I am concerned it will make it less maneuverable on tight trails. If I make it too wide, I might as well have bought a P700.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I once rolled a 2008 Rancher 420 down a steep hill that it flipped at least 20 loops so fast that when it landed on its wheels it was still running! the bank angle sensor never kicked in! My friends down in Summertown, TN were watching me do the climb and when it landed they switched it off, when I got to the bottom of the hill, they already had the handlebars straightened out, that was the only damage! other than plastic scratches..
I have a buddy who works at a ski resort. Many years ago he bought a new ATV and that very day he took it to work (during the summer) to drive it on the ski trails. He was crossing a steep ski slope and it rolled ...all the way to the bottom. All the plastic was broken off, but the frame and mechanical parts were fine. However he just about broke down and cried.

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have two pairs of SuperATV 1.5 inch spacers ready for when my 520 is delivered this weekend. I also bought new 25 tires and wheels with 5/2 offset, which the dealer is installing. Maybe I'm being overly conservative. But I'm not worried about the extra width for truck beds, trailers, public trails, etc.. It won't make a difference for my hauling and trails. I am concerned it will make it less maneuverable on tight trails. If I make it too wide, I might as well have bought a P700.
Taking delivery on ours next month.
Do you know what the stock width is of the front and rear? I take it by their website tire size is same? or not?
Curious how much difference there is as I want spacers, and as well to equal out width.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Well I FINALLY took delivery of my P520 this week. I had 25 inch tires and 5+2 ITP steel wheels installed at the dealership. So the service dept at the dealership told me that if I installed 1.5 inch spacers, the tires would rub. I don't see how that could be. Is he wrong, or am I missing something?

Also, I really like the 520. From what I can tell, its currently 52 inches wide with these tires/wheels.

0D63370F 1554 414D 81A5 D51B58D6AD3E
2428185D D643 48AB 9A22 3B5D67C1FD74

Last edited:
Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to forum...lots of great info here. I put a deposit on a P520 and it might be delivered this week. I'm curious if anyone knows if the P520 has the same tile table rating as the P500 (33.5 degrees).

The roll over issue for such a narrow machine is my only concern with the P520. I've had Honda atvs since 1995 and have never rolled...and I'm a pretty conservative driver. But the is my first experience with a sxs. I will likely get wheel spacers which will help some.

Thanks....

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Well I FINALLY took delivery of my P520 this week. I had 25 inch tires and 5+2 ITP steel wheels installed at the dealership. So the service dept at the dealership told me that if I installed 1.5 inch spacers, the tires would rub. I don't see how that could be. Is he wrong, or am I missing something?

Also, I really like the 520. From what I can tell, its currently 52 inches wide with these tires/wheels.

View attachment 261608View attachment 261609
Beautiful machine! I am currently running spacers (1.5) in the rear. I had them on all four, but the front is wider than the rear, so i took the job front back off. But other than that - i had no rub issues at all.

Reactions: Mudder and wvupsc
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sharp looking ride. Welcome to the forum.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I installed 1.5" spacers on all four corners. With the 25" Bear Claw tires and 5+2 wheels, that puts me at 55" wide. Not sure if it's partly my imagination, but it seems more stable.

Still getting used to the hard shifting in automatic mode. I tend to run it in manual just to avoid the hard shifting. I think I've read on here that it eventualy smooths out a bit... or maybe people just get used to it.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Thanks....
You’ll know when it’s not good, and on rutted out rough terrain the P5 can go over, I’ve had mine on its side twice, always going slow at that point and a fairly easy roll over, no bodily damage and minor SXS scuffs and bruising....😂

Last edited:
Reactions: futzin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!