P700 P700 Modifications and Accessories...OH NO, I THINK I"M FINISHED

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the same machine. Know exactly what your taking about adding light bars and seeing that yellow tint. How easy/hard is the install on these lights?

Not hard at all. If you can find someone with small hands it's even easier. Take old bulbs out put these in. The bulb socket twist then comes right out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMG 0607
IMG 0616

Snorkel pics with Vent tubes attached. The 2 vent tubes you see on the snorkel are for the rear diff and gas tank vents. The front diff and radiator fan are ran to the top of the ROPS inside the frame tube. Overall I am happy with the mod... it does what I intended, and that was to get the air intake up and out of the dust..any questions, just let me know..

Last edited:
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
One comment on the Snorkel.... MAN, there is A LOT of air sucked into the motor. I don't guess I realized how much air is sucked in and how much power there is on the suction. It will stick you hand right up to the inlet, like a powerful vacuum cleaner hose. I guess it just surprised me how much volume of air these little engines pump.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
@Deluxe700 Does the snorkel interfere with the passenger or the passenger seat belt any? I want one and have studied on getting one, we do a lot of creek riding. My wife will be the pass and has been known to speak her mind/complain a bit. How loud is it with the intake right above the passenger head?

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
@Deluxe700 Does the snorkel interfere with the passenger or the passenger seat belt any? I want one and have studied on getting one, we do a lot of creek riding. My wife will be the pass and has been known to speak her mind/complain a bit. How loud is it with the intake right above the passenger head?

NO..it does not.. I was worried about that also, but it in no way interfere with the operation of the seat belt, and no it does not interfere with passenger seat area or room . ( I guess if the passenger is REALLY a big person they might touch it, but I don't think it would bother them). As far as noise...You can hear it if you get on it...I don't think it is that loud and only noticeable whey you are really "stomping" on it.. My wife has not complained....and when I'm by myself, I like the sound. Again this is only when hard on the throttle..general cruising it is not loud.

Reactions: SundayRdr
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well Folks, You have gone with me on this Tread during my modification process on my machine. I think I have it the way I want now, with all the modifications that I wanted to do when I bought it... I am very happy with everything and how it came together.
Thanks for watching my Thread and joining me on my project...
Now, ready to ride..

IMG 0622

E

ezhoops

Nov 18, 2014
Maybe I missed it but are you running 2 batteries or 1

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe I missed it but are you running 2 batteries or 1

Only 1 Battery... No problems so far.... most of my accessories are low draw....except for the sound bar, and even that is not too bad.... I did replace the stock battery with a higher rated battery , but just 1 battery..

Reactions: swsebek
E

ezhoops

Nov 18, 2014
any source of where you got your battery? how about install procedures? under the seat or other spot

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Battery mart for the battery purchase. Battery is in stock location under seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R

Rexter

Jul 7, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got my Snorkel on Today...It's a "snorkel your atv" snorkel and vent kit, with the warrior riser. Got it all installed and now since the air intake is way up high, I installed a K&N Filter with outerwear cover. I extended the Fan vent line and front diff vent line as well as rear diff vent line and gas tank vent line. All vents now way up high.
I took for a test ride...Yes there is a little more intake noise if you "get after it". Not bad, and sounds good. This could be my imagination, but I really do think I feel a seat of the pants difference in power. it does seem to "jump" off the line a little better and when your at cruising speed and punch it, it may react a touch better...
At any rate, I did this mod specifically for CLEANER air over the stock air intake location. I think it will serve this purpose with the new location of the snorkel. I don't plan on going thru deep deep water, but since the vent line extension came with the kit, I went ahead and extended them.
This is an easy mod to "put back" to stock if you decide you don't like it. Since you do have to cut the stock intake housing, I bought a new OEM intake housing (18 dollars) just in case I have to or want to switch it back to stock...or if I need to take it back in for warranty work.
If you have any questions, just ask...Pictures to follow soon..
I did the same mod. Had to purchase my own tubing because what they sent me didn't work. Bought my own vacuum tubing connector pieces from Advanced Auto. Did everything you did. Hated having to cut that factory section off but when I did I noticed mud and dirt in it...so pretty sure that isn't going to happen anymore! Bad Honda design if you ask me. A very good mechanic friend of mine said the Honda piece we cut out had air chambers designed in it for low end torque. I haven't noticed any real difference other than the snorkel is a lot higher and doesn't suck in the gravel road dust.

Reactions: Deluxe700
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I did the same mod. Had to purchase my own tubing because what they sent me didn't work. Bought my own vacuum tubing connector pieces from Advanced Auto. Did everything you did. Hated having to cut that factory section off but when I did I noticed mud and dirt in it...so pretty sure that isn't going to happen anymore! Bad Honda design if you ask me. A very good mechanic friend of mine said the Honda piece we cut out had air chambers designed in it for low end torque. I haven't noticed any real difference other than the snorkel is a lot higher and doesn't suck in the gravel road dust.
Not gonna say for 100% but the chambers on intaken systems are usually used as sound resonators.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!