MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thought I would share a project I finally got to today. I have been prototyping for a while now on rear "side skirts" to try & keep some of the mud, rocks, etc out of the engine compartment. I ordered (2) 24x30 stiff poly mudflaps from Northern Tool for this.

I cut cardboard templates for fitment then transferred that to the mudflaps & jigsawed them out. There are angle iron brackets that I mounted to the front side of the sway bar bushing bolts on both sides to use as a fastening point. I used large self tappers to make the skirts easy to remove for access.

Its pretty muddy/sloppy out today & they do keep ALOT of crap out so I'm happy with the results. I think they match the 700 pretty good in material color too. There's still a lot of room for air movement also so I'm not to concerned with trapping heat. If nothing else I can always remove them in the summer months.

Thanks for lookin!

IMG 0024 IMG 0025

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thought I would share a project I finally got to today. I have been prototyping for a while now on rear "side skirts" to try & keep some of the mud, rocks, etc out of the engine compartment. I ordered (2) 24x30 stiff poly mudflaps from Northern Tool for this.

I cut cardboard templates for fitment then transferred that to the mudflaps & jigsawed them out. There are angle iron brackets that I mounted to the front side of the sway bar bushing bolts on both sides to use as a fastening point. I used large self tappers to make the skirts easy to remove for access.

Its pretty muddy/sloppy out today & they do keep ALOT of crap out so I'm happy with the results. I think they match the 700 pretty good in material color too. There's still a lot of room for air movement also so I'm not to concerned with trapping heat. If nothing else I can always remove them in the summer months.

Thanks for lookin!

View attachment 113688 View attachment 113689
Nice job. You could maybe sell some of those to P2 owners...but it will be interesting to see how they do in summer heat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!