BOX1

Talon Performance Mods

P

Passio

Feb 18, 2020
Denver
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the info! North sand hills looks pretty sweet but seems like youd run out of room real quick. Does it feel as small as it looks on paper? Ya , it makes sense to just make the little bit longer journey to moab if you're already makin that trek. Its a bummer we dont have a good size OHV area in the plains east / NE of Denver. Sorry to hijack your thread but dont see to many CO folks on here. Good luck in your quest for more power!
It's definitely not huge but it is a nice spot with two sand area's of open riding, sand trails that intertwine throughout and really nice hill climbs around the parimeter. There are also hundreds of miles of trails and county roads that can take you straight into WY. Another nice spot is White Wash sand dunes in Utah. A huge group of us take an annual trip to Moab and where we camp, you can access some of Moabs slick rock trails and also white wash. Once we are camped, we hate to trailer places so that's a nice trip every year. We go mid October if anyone is interested in joining. It's a mix of Jeep's, dirt bikes, ATV's and SxS's. Last trip we had about 60 people come and go within a 5 day stay. Here's our camp.
IMG 20191018 113924217

S

Smith

Feb 23, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It's definitely not huge but it is a nice spot with two sand area's of open riding, sand trails that intertwine throughout and really nice hill climbs around the parimeter. There are also hundreds of miles of trails and county roads that can take you straight into WY. Another nice spot is White Wash sand dunes in Utah. A huge group of us take an annual trip to Moab and where we camp, you can access some of Moabs slick rock trails and also white wash. Once we are camped, we hate to trailer places so that's a nice trip every year. We go mid October if anyone is interested in joining. It's a mix of Jeep's, dirt bikes, ATV's and SxS's. Last trip we had about 60 people come and go within a 5 day stay. Here's our camp.View attachment 186699
Sure is better than no sand! I'll have to hit ya up once I pull the trigger on a Talon. Im assuming you're running an R? Have you run into any issues with the larger width and turning radius in Colorado riding? Id prefer to go with the R over the X unless its gonna be a hassle to run in Colorado.

P

Passio

Feb 18, 2020
Denver
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sure is better than no sand! I'll have to hit ya up once I pull the trigger on a Talon. Im assuming you're running an R? Have you run into any issues with the larger width and turning radius in Colorado riding? Id prefer to go with the R over the X unless its gonna be a hassle to run in Colorado.
I did go with the R. As far as trails go, there are many 50" or less which neither talons can fit so finding wider trails is key. I have been on some tight trails but the R did great. If I had to do it all over I would still buy the R. The suspension travel alone is worth going with the R. Plus if you travel to other states with more open riding areas, you will be happy you purchased the R.

Reactions: Smith
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's definitely not huge but it is a nice spot with two sand area's of open riding, sand trails that intertwine throughout and really nice hill climbs around the parimeter. There are also hundreds of miles of trails and county roads that can take you straight into WY. Another nice spot is White Wash sand dunes in Utah. A huge group of us take an annual trip to Moab and where we camp, you can access some of Moabs slick rock trails and also white wash. Once we are camped, we hate to trailer places so that's a nice trip every year. We go mid October if anyone is interested in joining. It's a mix of Jeep's, dirt bikes, ATV's and SxS's. Last trip we had about 60 people come and go within a 5 day stay. Here's our camp.View attachment 186699
Our group is trying to plan 1 or 2 trips to Whitewash/Moab this year, really look forward to it. PM me your dates and camp area and I will see if we can plan one of our trips around that time.

Have you tried Sand Hollow in Utah? Just went there last month and it was absolutely beautiful. Small (OK tiny) dunes but the area has many other "obstacles" and a Lake if you like water sports. Off the dunes, there are hundreds of miles of trails of all abilities. My BIL and I took some that were off the beaten path and were downright NASTY. Never had more fun in my life :)

Also, there is a medium sized Dune area in the Midwest part of Utah that is 60,000 Acres calle Little Sahara. Lots of dunes from small to pretty big bowls that require a Talon or better to really have some fun. This is my go-to place almost all summer because it is less than 2 hours from home and it is a blast.

Reactions: Smith
P

Passio

Feb 18, 2020
Denver
Ownership

1. Talon R
Our group is trying to plan 1 or 2 trips to Whitewash/Moab this year, really look forward to it. PM me your dates and camp area and I will see if we can plan one of our trips around that time.

Have you tried Sand Hollow in Utah? Just went there last month and it was absolutely beautiful. Small (OK tiny) dunes but the area has many other "obstacles" and a Lake if you like water sports. Off the dunes, there are hundreds of miles of trails of all abilities. My BIL and I took some that were off the beaten path and were downright NASTY. Never had more fun in my life :)

Also, there is a medium sized Dune area in the Midwest part of Utah that is 60,000 Acres calle Little Sahara. Lots of dunes from small to pretty big bowls that require a Talon or better to really have some fun. This is my go-to place almost all summer because it is less than 2 hours from home and it is a blast.
I haven't been to any other spots in Utah yet but I will be. I've read a lot about Sand Hollow and it looks great. I can't remember the name of the other location I want to go but Ken Block has a you tube video of it and it looks gnarly. I haven't had the opportunity to actually ride some serious dunes yet but I am hoping to plan a Glamis trip soon. Not sure if you have been to White Wash yet but it's not really dunes. It's just a large area of loose and packed sand but overall it is a great time.

Bo_Darville

Bo_Darville

Jan 7, 2020
Cumming, GA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'll state right now that I'm new to the SXS world. So, here's my question. Why do all of the companies that sell exhausts require an ECU flash for just a slip on exhaust? The older Polaris and Can-am bikes might be using an older ECU, but I would think that the Honda talon should have a newer ECU that could compensate for just a little more flow. Maybe the injectors are under sized from the factory? I've heard that SXS's run lean from the factory, but has anyone ever installed an AFR wideband gauge on a stock Talon to see if that's true? Like I said I'm new to the SXS world but I've tuned forced induction engines for years and just find it strange that you need a tune for just a slip on exhaust.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!