Phone number

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to give a BIG shout out to Hondasxs he went out of his way to help me with fuel injector connector issues I started having on day 2 of the trip. Thank you so much! I also would like to give a plug to Liberty Motorsports Yuma,AZ, Pete’s Towing Yuma and Kennedy’s Towing Yuma. Pete towed me from Tacna AZ at 10pm back to my hotel. The next morning he was not available and he gave me Kennedy’s #. They towed me to Liberty motorsports who had no idea I was coming. I arrived at 8am and they opened at 9. Lee the owner of Liberty power sports was there when I was being unloaded he told me not to worry they would get me back on the trail, and they did the same day. They had to solder the wires into the connectors because they did not have the parts I needed. $232.00 later I was out the door. I thought that was reasonable, they could have taken advantage of me and they did not.
We are back from our adventure on the Azpt. I will try and post some pics and videos.
DAY 1 we rode from Kingman to Salome. 16hrs 170 miles. Should have been 165 but we got lost a couple of times. Trail is poorly marked in many areas. We did have the way points for our gps but clearly we were not that great at following them either. Lol.
We had 4 Jeeps and 6 sxs. Many of us have rode together on previous trips and a couple of us were new to each other. The trail through the mountains was beautiful. There was still some snow in places. In retrospect we should have drove from Kingman to Wikieup and spent the night there. Then ride to Salome the next day. This is what we were following that someone had posted. One of the guys in our crew found it, the numbers for gas and time are way off.

DB9EEDE6 B9B2 4CE9 9660 E7A2AD12A2B3

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
And there is close by hotels too. @lee

But I would perfer to camp.
Just to be clear, I can camp in Az.
It doesn't rain everyday, the ground is not wet all the time, there aren't freaking pterodactyls buzzing your beer.
Am I right @CumminsPusher?
It's an environment I can deal with.

So, hotels you say?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just to be clear, I can camp in Az.
It doesn't rain everyday, the ground is not wet all the time, there aren't freaking pterodactyls buzzing your beer.
Am I right @CumminsPusher?
It's an environment I can deal with.

So, hotels you say?
Big ass bugs!🥺

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big ass bugs!🥺
Yes there is a hotel in Wikieup. Which I would recommend staying there instead of driving from Kingman to Salome in one night(16hrs). There are also hotels in Yuma,Quartzsite and Lake Havasu. Those are the places we stayed in hotels. We did not stay in Wikieup but we would have if we could have got a room.

Reactions: Mopower58 and lee
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for the delay.
So day 3 we drive on I-95 to meet back up with our group in Quartzsite. Missouri does not have registration for UTV/sxs. “Registration” is required to drive on paved surfaces in AZ. I had read that I could obtain a “registration” aka license plate from the state of New Mexico for $7.00. I did this, it is actually a sticker, I attached the stickers per the instructions. On our drive to Quartzsite I was pulled over by fish and game for no registration. Officer was very polite and friendly. I pointed out my sticker from NM and handed him the registration card along with my license and insurance card. I explained that my state did not have registration. He said he would be back , he ran my info came back and said everything was good he verified that my state did not have registration and I was perfectly legal. He even posed for a fun pic with me.

83B5AFEE AA74 49C4 BEFF 2DC3F838773E

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Day 3 my crew said the trail from Yuma to Quartzsite had a lot of blind turns. They said they would get to the top of the trail and could not see if you should continue forward, turn right or left. So needless to say it was very time consuming and nerve racking for some. Then after that the remainder of the trail was wash boarding. Which sucks but still better than a great day at work 😎

advertisement
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Day 4
Quartzite to Havasu

We started the day with some breakfast and then hit the trail. This day started out nice trail and then turned into a ton of wash boards. The view coming into lake Havasu was fantastic. I will post some pics of that later I do not have them on this phone. We stayed at the Quality Inn, when we rolled into the lot it was full of classic cars. WOW! If you are a car person at all you would have loved it. It was fantastic! Bar/restaraunt in hotel was open and good. This day was a rough one on the crew. We had a spindle snap clean in two on one of the trailers , and one of our sxs knocked a hole in their transmission. So thinking their may be a full day of washboards from Havasu to Kingman we opted out of the last day and goofed off around town instead. Great trip cannot wait to do it again !😁

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!